May 1-5, 2006

Toups

• Members

Glad to see OLTL rise and tie AMC. The start of the tornado last friday was able to help OLTL tie GH & AMC for that day. Next weeks ratings should be interesting. In regards to DAYS, I am surprised that NBC is allowing this to happen. Obviously, changes need to be made.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THat 2.6 on Friday bodes very well for Days. That means people just tuned out for all the sex and then came back on Friday and I actually thought Friday was the worst show of last week. Days will go back up to 2.4 or 2.5 next week to stabilize an then the numbers will begin to pop.

Days isn't perfect but all the shows except Y&R and B&B need changes. They are all getting bad numbers. Hell even GH didn't pull a good number for its big returns. Goes to so you if you don't write good story around a return people won't tune in. Days better do their returns right because if they do it will pay off.

Let's face it-Days got hurt the most but none of the show did well for the first week of sweeps. Again I expected this for Days just like I said they two weeks ago I expected a rebound last week and they did. Days will be stabilized next week and then the fun will start so sorry to disappoint all you celebraters :lol: .

• Members

Exactly and if Days does go it will be on ABC especially now with Frons's getting more power. He has made it clear he loves Days so I am not worried in the least about Days. They will be fine and if NBC pulls them then its going to be ABC even if I don't want that to happen and I know many don't either. Passions is in more trouble to be honest.

Won't happen-Days will rebound and has some good stuff coming up. I would be shocked if it did but I doubt it.

• Members

Well to be fair nothing is going on officially between Days and ABC yet and if Days moved it would not be until 2007. Plus, its a different situation in that this is Days not GH and Days is not dominated by Sonny Corinthros. Was it Frons that lied or JFP and Guza/Pratt? I didn't think Frons lied-I thought GH lied to him. Whatever I don't think it makes a difference because SN would not have known anyway because nothing is official even though there was word that Corday was speaking with ABC people. I still think if NBC pulls it ABC will jump on it whether anyone likes it or not.

• Members

Yep, but Thursday was wedding and it looks like it did a little bit better than the JR/Babe, Adam/Krystal wedding - though I don't get why the soaps do the weddings on Thursday (AMC did all 3 weddings on Thursday, last Thursday was a feast of Thursday weddings for several soaps) when generally the ratings are going down for the soaps on Thu/Fri (not always, but generally). It would have been nice if they stayed at 2.7 for the week, but like I said elsewhere 2.6 is just north of their suck numbers. And they're doing well in the demo's (18-49, 18-34). Plus besides, Z/K's wedding I disliked most of their dialouge that week, the Jon/Lily stuff was off-putting, etc... And if it wasn't for Dixie finally being revealed to her family this show probably would have been headed into sweeps with a 2.4.

I'm curious to see how they'll do this week, it wasn't until today's episode that I really started getting a feel for the week - Dixie is obnoxious, JR is predictable and until today the voice-overs were eh for me.

-----

I don't want DAYS on ABC, NBC should just look at it to the point that their not going to get a daytime show that is going to do much better and Ken Corday has to get a writer that won't offend the audience as much as JER's willing to - cause the audience ain't sticking around for it anymore. I think if JER puts a little effort into the P/K return the show can get back to the top of the "middle of the pack" - but I just don't know if he has enough in him for the effort to last more than a few weeks.

• Members

Oh I know Dawn that is partly why I don't want it there. That and the fact that Frons will destroy Days even more then people think its destroyed now.

I was just on the NBCsoapbox messageboard and there is a message there that says Days has been picked up until 2009 and that NBC will be staying the daypart and that seals Passions fate (meaning it is probably staying too). I don't know if its true or not and I am not sure if I should copy and paste the link here but the message seems recent. I have been wrong before though.

• Members

The problem with JER he is not a consitent writer. Like I said, he had Days up to a 3.1 a few days back in January and he blew it by turning Bope's story into a Chelsea story. Then, destroying Lumi moving slowly back together.

Archived