Where are you from?

Actor87

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was born in Miami, Florida. I've moved a lot in my day. Lived in Albany, NY for awhile and then moved back to Miami. I recently moved back to NY like 3 years ago and live there now. Miami rocks though!! I'm proud to say I've from there. It's full of latinos/hispanics (which is what I am) so I will always have a soft spot for it, despite what anyone says or thinks about it.

• Members

Ohio girl all the way :D I live in Central Ohio, pretty close to Columbus. Born and raised here. Did live in Sacramento, California for awhile in the late 80's, but moved back here my senior year of high school.

I wouldn't live anywhere else, I love it here. I'm a small town girl at heart.

• Members

Born and Raised in Scottsdale, Arizona A.K.A Snobsdale. It's basically the laguna beach of Arizona. A suburb just northeast of phoenix.

All the popular trendy clubs are here, hi end shopping, cool resturants, & some of the worlds best hotels & resorts like the phoenician, the westin, and the hyatt regency just to name a few. Plus tons of golf courses

It's fun to live here if u are a student, a single, or a senior citizen. We get a lot of tourists.

The nightlife in old town scottsdale is fun if u hang with the right click and know the right people. Everyone dresses to impress and it gets pretty rowdy in certain places. A lot of hotties around the valley come in droves to scottsdale to get their party on.

The cities of Tempe, Chandler and Ahwatukkee have their hot spots. Chandler Fashion center is a great for nightlife and shopping. Tempe's Mill Ave is the college hangout for the students at ASU. They have some good clubs and shopping there.

It's growing so fast out here though I'm ready to move from Scottsdale to Laveen another suburb along the base of South Mountain in Phoenix.

North of Scottsdale is Anthem which is a small upscale town that has wonderful shopping. Also there is Desert Ridge which is awesome for shopping, clubbing, and different eateries.

I hate the summers but I like it out here though. I have been to a lot of places around the U.S and every time I'm screaming to come back home cause it's got all the places I love to eat, shop, drink, and hangout.

It's not Miami, L.A, or New York, but we do have a quite a few celebrities who live here like Paula Abdul, Stevie Nicks, Brandy, Alice Cooper, & a few others. The ones who frequent here if they like to party u may see a few at the clubs in scottsdale.

A lot of people who visit here end up moving here. Can't blame them though it is a happy medium between all the huge cities like L.A & New York and small suburban cities. You really do get spoiled here in certain ways that u have to experience in person to know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Members

I war born and raised in Greenbrier, Tennessee, just north of Nashville (Kirk, we're neighbors!).

When I was 25 I moved to the Bay Area California for six years (San Jose, Oakland, etc).

The past four years I have lived in New York. First Manhattan and now in a house in Rockland County, just outside the city.

• Members

I was born and raised in Bryan/College Station, Texas. I went to the University of Texas in Austin my freshman year before transferring to Clark-Atlanta University in---you guessed it---Atlanta, Georgia, where I lived for years before returning home in late 2001.

Bryan/College Station are twin cities that are right next to each other (a small creek seperates them). The current population is a little over 116,000 combined. Bryan is the older of the two, about 150 years old or so. College Station was only incorporated in 1921. CS is the home of Texas A&M University and the home of the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library (not something to crow about IMO). We're 90 miles northwest of Houston.

I grew to hate this place by the time I turned 18. Although we have a rather large population, this is still a very small-town, at times stuffy and conservative feel to the place (hence George Bush Library). This is the kind of place where families have been here for generations (my own have lived here since Reconstruction), and most people never leave here. A lot of that has to do with not being exposed to anything or anyone else. I was able to break that cycle when I was named Texas State Youth Ambassador when I was 16 and went on a diplomatic tour to NYC to meet President Clinton and then onto a tour of Europe. That exposed me to the fact that there is a lot more out in the world that what was known to me growing up.

However, being away from here all those years made me come to appreciate being able to grow up in a community where family and traditions are honored and respected, and I obtained a newfound respect and fondness for my hometown. So I'm back here now.

• Members

I am a Kentucky boy born and raised. All but one of my 26 years on this Earth have been spent in the south central Kentucky town of Clarkson (population around 900-950). A few years back I moved a couple miles down the road to the county seat of Leitchfield (population around 7,500) for 13 months, but then I moved back to Clarkson. Both of those are in Grayson County (population around 26,000).

It's a quiet place here. Our local festival, the Clarkson Honeyfest, recently earned the title of the "Official State Honey Festival of the Commonwealth of Kentucky". I am also one of the four city commissioners here. I am also a weather watcher for several local tv stations. In addition, I am a member of the tech team at the local Baptist Church, and am a member of the local Historical Society as well as the local Garden Club. And I'm also part of the SON staff, in charge of OLTL news and previews. I am currently a substitute teacher here. Also, this past Mondy night I graduated from the local nearby community college, and in August will enroll in Western Kentucky University's campus in nearby Elizabethtown, Kentucky to major in education. I hope to become a middle school social studies teacher. I will major in social studies and minor in english. On a side note, I am a Democrat, and damn proud of it! :D

Well, enough about me....

I live about 2 hours north of Nashville and Kirk and oakdalelover. I am close enough to you guys that I receive Nashville tv stations via cable and antenna here.

I am also about 2 hours southwest of the state capitol city of Frankfort, KY and fellow SON staff member Matt. We also receive Lexington tv stations here as well.

I am also less than an hour and fifteen minutes southwest of the Derby City of Louisville, KY. But as close as I am to Louisville, I have never been to watch the Kentucky Derby in person. But I always watch it on tv on one of the Louisville tv channels.

A couple of years back...Louisville merged with Jefferson County. That caused Louisville's population to go from around 256,000 to over 557,000; making it the nation's 26th largest city. Previously it was like the 64th largest city.

But that's me.....I don't know where I'll go in politics from the small town level...but since my last name is Gore I tell people around here that there might be a Gore in the White House some day still yet. LOL :P

P.S.: The grass in Kentucky isn't really blue, but it does have a slight bluish tint to it some of the time in some parts of the Commonwealth. :)

• Members

Born in British Columbia, Canada. Moved to Ontario when I was 4 years old :angry:, so I don't remember much. I've gone back to visit about 8 times since, and it's absolutely breathtaking! The weather is wonderful all year long, and theres so much to see and do. People are so much more relaxed and enjoying life to the fullest out there.

• Members

Born in NC (Charlotte) and lived there until I was 19. Went to college in Israel (Hebrew University in Jerusalem) and lived there about 3 years. I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for the past 19 years.

Archived