Since I found the bible among Nixon's papers at Northwestern I assume it's the work of Nixon entirely, though she had worked out ideas for the show with Dan Wakefield (and it was his idea to do the college setting--no surprise since in All Her Children he is especially fascinated with the idea of AMC having such a big college audience.) And of course, that doesn't prove much at all since those Megan McTavish pieces including her "soap memoir" are also VERY strangely catalogued with the Nixon papers (which also interestingly have very little OLTL material compared to AMC, Loving as well as things like the ATWT bible which she gets co-credit for.) I wish someone had thought to contact Wakefield for details before his relatively recent death.
We know from Patrick Mulcahey that Marland was VERY frustrated with how much Nixon still was involved with Loving when he was HW--notes on every story projection and script, and of course many of the story ideas (but notably far from all) were created from her bible.
By
EricMontreal22 ·