Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey everyone, I'm hope. A little sunburnt but no bug bites that I can see. It only rained in the middle of the night, so good camping had by all. We met some great campers - including a man born in Montreal, emigrated to Israel so he could be part of living Jewish history there, travels all over the world and was in our campsite visiting his daughter who's studying at Ryerson. He makes wooden puzzles (not jigsaw but the challenge kind) and teaches groups of children for fun. He wanted to know if we were interested in what he does, so he entertained the girls for over an hour Saturday afternoon. They loved it! Our tin can stoves cooked everything and no tempers were lost (including mine). All in all one of the best camping experiences I've ever had.

Now I'm back and having to get the kids ready for other camps this weekend.

Saw the Emmy clip (thank you). My thoughts...

1. I don't think TG believed he would win, because he looked blown away. That's the most excited I've seen him about an Emmy since the second one.

2. Yeah, the suit... is it just me or is he trying too hard to prove he isn't one of the 'guys'? Halee, your comment was priceless and dead on (He looked worse last year, though).

3. Did you notice that JE was the only actor he mentioned. One directer, the politically correct comments to 'friend' Jill (that couldn't have gone unnoticed) and the 'writers' including Guza (no friend comment), and then JE - and he responded to the ovation her name received more than anything. He knows who makes him better and isn't afraid to say it.

4. "Partner in Crime". That was cute. I imagine those two are pretty formidable when they get together and want something.

• Members

Yeah was that the blue shiny suit, blue tie, blue sun glasses, with the blond spiky hair year? He looked like a Japanese artists' rendering of an American pimp in an anime cartoon! Oh well, express yourself!

Welcome Back Remos glad you had such a good time!

• Members

omg--how i have missed you guys. i am back in barcelona. the cruise was great ,but <i am so ready to come home. w e have anotherad

i will be home wed. in the wee hours of the morning.

so gla our girl got some emmy love from tg

miss you guys. going to bed now.

• Members

Lady Ashton, you probably knew this, but I just found out Hugo Napier was on All My Children for what seems to be 2 episodes (could be more though, as IMDB sometimes doesn't get things right) as a character named Mike Roy: 27 March 1985 and 4 April 1985. Interestingly enough, Jane Elliot is listed in the episode cast for both those dates. I wonder if HN and JE ever interacted behind the scenes and therefore kind of knew each other before GH. Anyway, I was amused. LOL.

hooked, we are missing you so much!!! Glad you were able to stop in!

bsg, I noticed the crowd cheering too when he said her name. Yeah!

• Members

Lainey, have you seen this yet? Cute interview in SOD with DiLex.

NLG and CH article

http://i32.tinypic.com/2h3216x.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/a426fq.jpg

EDIT

Daytime Confidential talking about the Emmy's, GH is discussed around 22:20

http://www.pupuplatters.com/pupuplayer/pro..._pro.php?id=289

Generally they thought it wasn't TG's best year, but nice to see the shout-out to JE (23:39). They also hated the suit.

Edited by remos

• Members

Bumping the thread.

Yay I'm off today. Boo, no Tracy expected.

Thanks for the info & podcast link Remos. I didn't like that she implied TG probably only thanked JE because he's gotten in trouble for not doing it in the past.

• Members

Yeah, that sat in my craw too. But we know differently. Why would he thank GF? He made her better, not vice versa.

Ah, but we know the truth. He didn't thank his leading lady or his co-star. He thanked his "Partner in Crime". That was pretty significant.