The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

knh, you said a mouthful. I have to admit, Tracy's final scene yesterday was sheer brilliance--both the writing and the performance. Every so often, the writing staff at GH get it so perfectly that you remember they are professional writers who were good enough to win a job and earn a paycheck. (You never forget Jane Elliot is a professional, no matter how bad the material is.) To be honest, I don't think that speech to Luke could have been delivered by anybody else but Tracy, and IMHO, it was way, way overdue. Luke has been on a self-destructive pity party for five years now, and it's high time somebody snapped him out of it. Ironically enough, I think it's exactly what Laura would have done--try to be patient, try to be understanding, try to be loving. And then, finally, tell him to get the fark over himself.

And I love Tony Geary. He was so hideously evil as Luke yesterday, showed that character in all his dark, infuriating glory. I farking HATED him by mid-show. Even Fey turned away from the computer and said, "Oh, no, he di'in't" after that one particular line. I knew Tracy was going to get it back, she was going to pull in the reigns, but I had no idea how Jane was going to play it. And when Luke walked into that room in the last scene, you could tell he was already regretting that comment. He was regretting what he'd said, and how much he knew he'd hurt her. And STILL because he's Luke, he was trying to get out of it, to slide away from his responsibility.

And Tracy just put her thumb down on that bug and told him what-for. She wasn't cruel, she didn't aim to hurt him. She could have. But she didn't. She just told him the truth, with all the pain and love and frustration that has been building up inside of her plain as day on her face. It was beautiful.

And it supports my ebil theory--Alan is not there because of the will. Alan is her guardian angel, there to help her grow up, finally. If Alan really wanted to get her, he would have struck at that moment. He would have struck at her most vulnerable, struck at her darkest moment. But he didn't. He let her alone, and let her reclaim her power and (quite possibly) her hope. Because Luke is going to make up for this. I saw the look in his eye--Laura told him to move on. His family's told him to move on. Everybody in the universe has told him to move on.

But I think, yesterday, by being brave enough to show him her scars and blood and tears, Tracy finally got through to him. And he's going to move on.

Today should rock. *crosses fingers*

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Deb You put that as eloquently as you would have written a story! Those were my feeling exactly from yesterday. It was brilliance in writing and acting! You are so right...nobody in Luke's own family could ever be brave enough or get through to him enough to say those words to him.

Edit And I totally agree with you with Alan's purpose to make tracy grow up finally. You know, it is funny, but Tracy is usually the one who is childish, selfish, immature, greedy, etc, but with Luke, she is totally the grown up, mature one. She has risen above so much with him. She points out to him all the time that sometimes a parent has to actually parent or give advice or guidance (even though she knows she is not mother of the year), she gives him a reality check....like "hello...do you want to air your dirty laundry in front of lulu?" She has told him, go be a father to your daughter, she needs you, stop wallowing, etc. Then she has even tried to protect and take care of Lulu. Even at the expense of her own son (encouring her to have the baby) which is very un-tracy like behavior.

Yesterday's Tracy was a far cry from the Tracy who knew Paul married her under false pretenses, who knew deep down he didn't love her or want to be with her and groveled and begged for a scrap of his attention and lost herself because she was in love with him. Yesterday's Tracy was I love you, but....if you think I am letting you get away with this s**t, you have another thing coming. It was her knowing no matter how much she loves him, she will not be any man's fool ever again. You go girl TQ!!!!!

Will check back this morning....gotta say bye to my kids before school who I will not see for a week! :) and :(

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

I'm so damn busy at work I can't say much, other than how much I loved the outcome of yesterday's scenes. Luke looked like a panicked child who had crossed the line once too often and suddenly realized he is about to blow the best thing he's had in decades.

I felt like I could see Tracy carrying the weight of every crappy relationship she's suffered through, from Mitch to Paul, on her back and finally shaking it all off and standing up for herself.

• Members

Yeah, Deb...I do have to go, sucks but someone has to do it ya know??? I finished packing and watched the whole week of Tracy again this morning to tide me over for a week!

Now my other toe is killing me...it is never-ending with me. I am going to have to wear sandals in 60 degree weather there as sneakers are still hurting my toe! Oh well...at least nobody will know me and think "who is that stupid american wearing flip flops and asking directions to the Ashton estate-- Ha ha!

I'll miss you guys too!! We will have a laptop with us, so I will try to check email during the week if I can...

Have a good one everyone :) Cheerio! (You know i will post again as I am not leaving til 4pm central so a full hour after GH is over!

• Members

ICAM with you Magic..

In fact I could have sworn Tracy was remembering Paul as she looked out at the rose garden. He was her last real love (that we saw onscreen) and it was only real on her part.

And I could just see that weight also, and her inner decision to NEVER take that kind of crap again.

TG had tears in his eyes, but I'm not sure if it was due to what Tracy said about Laura, or Jane's obvious battle with tears herself, or Luke's reaction to thinking he might have blown it with Tracy.

Or all three. But Good LORD, if Jane doesn't get me EVERY.SINGLE.STINKIN'.TIME.

NO matter how vile Tracy can be, I ALWAYS feel for her. Even when I shouldn't. And yesterday convinced me Tracy is madly in love with Luke.

She even checked on LAURA.

He better not break Tracy's heart.

LnL love or not, Laura coming back some day or not, there's no excuse for how Luke acted yesterday, and there will be no excuse in the future. He shouldn't HAVE to be ugly to her, not even for Laura.

ETA *waves madly to hooked.. You DID say you're going to be inspired to write another TRASH story while in London, right? :)

Edited by ILoveTracyQ

• Members

Well the only thing we knew for sure was that they were going to be on today.

SON did preview that they'd have a new perspective on their marriage...and I think yesterday took care of that, of course other people previewed she'd be on today....so either they got cut or the spoilers were wrong, and SON is rarely wrong.

That sucks.

I'm already in a bad mood, this isn't making it better.

:(

• Members

Not a good start to my trip either!! Bummer. And the whole show is getting pre-empted here cause of a gunman at NASA in Houston. Guess I didn't miss anything at all. Maybe cauise all the delays from the Virginia Tech they are a day behind or something??? I can only hope!

My toe is killing me...might have to find a doctor in London...I might have to drink heavily on the plane to sedate my toe and to console myself that no lunacy happened today!!!!

• Members

Haven't been online in HOURS. This is not the news I wanted to read. :( FYI, the drinking/change in perspective never happened. It was "A night of drinking changes their perspective." Also, per Got Info, Tracy was supposed to be on today. Per breakdowns, she's not on again until 5/1. She will be on 5/2 as well, and then that's it for that week. I really don't think today's scenes have been delayed; I think they've been cut like everything else. So. Angry. Right. Now.