• Members

I'd ditch Nina. I was reading over her Soap Central profile and her backstory is a convoluted mess. Ditching her would eradicate a lot of tangled history. 

She doesn't have any relatives on the canvas ,right?

Looks like the role was created because they nabbed Stafford and she's long gone.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Anything Jason will probably be the Trojan Horse for any writer to get back into the audience's good graces. Which of course is why the storyline was probably stalled to begin with. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Very few anymore, except Willow and her kids (and Maxie's son with Nathan West, her deceased brother) IIRC. Obrecht, her aunt, is currently MIA. And yes, the character was created for Stafford and remains because FV doesn't want to let it go or change anything, it seems.

I was extremely into Drew/Nina recently and everything going on there. It was an unexpected bright light in the morass of the show for me with two previously hopeless characters. With PM gone (because I highly suspect it was his work) I have no interest. Both Drew and Nina can go, as I previously have been wishing for for years. Along with maybe a dozen others.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

She does by Orbecht...who has not been seen in ages...and Maxie by marriage. 

ETW: I knew I was forgetting some of her relatives. LOL. Thanks for the Willow mention.

I feel you on that. I would be hard pressed to think of anyone...and most of mine have already come and gone...done in before they could get traction on the shows they were on.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members
Posted (edited)

I believe that Aidan scene was when Enzo played him and his parents werent too happy he was playing a gay teen

I think Aidan/Laura scene was shot just didnt make the episode. 

Edited by John

• Members
Posted (edited)

I've long felt that novelist Jonathan Kellerman, who has had a hugely successful series (the Alex Deleware books) would be a good fit for a crime-oriented soap a la The Edge of Night. He's very prolific, writes engaging and compelling stories, and is good at characterization. God knows, soaps need talented new blood. I'd rather see a soap newbie try and fail, than a regurgitated, recycled hack fail for the 10th freaking time.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members
Posted (edited)

I hadn't heard of Sri Rao before.  So I searched and found this 2022 interview.
https://www.soapcentral.com/soapcentral/news/2022/0301-interview-gh-nightshift-head-writer-sri-rao-chats-diversity-in-daytime-working-with-kelly-ripa-his-netflix-series-and-more.php

"I am so thankful to those GH fans that expressed their appreciation for my writing and who reached out to me and who were vocal about it. And still to this day, I still see occasional posts from people who remember my work on Nightshift and appreciate it. It means so much to me because I have such a fondness and respect for those characters and those storylines, the ones that I was writing on Nightshift. The fact that there was such a legacy for those characters and for those relationships from GH, I wanted to do justice to them, and I wanted to give them more juicy stories to work with and more interesting storylines to play out, and I am so glad that the fans appreciated it, because I was very much writing it as a fan myself. And then, yeah, I did hear those comments afterwards wishing that I had an opportunity to write on GH, and I also did really wish that that could have happened, and I tried for many, many years, but unfortunately, I never had that chance."

"I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the ladies of GH, whether that's Finola Hughes, who I did have the opportunity to write a little bit for when I did Nightshift, but she is someone who I have always adored. Kristina Wagner  is someone I've also always admired from afar, as well as Genie Francis. I think that GH has some amazing actresses that I would love to write for someday."

I see that Sri Rao wrote for Night Shift.  I know it was a GH spinoff but I never saw it.  Was it well-written?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The first season of Night Shift was trash. It was like GH at night--centered around Jason saving the day. And Guza wrote that season. Season 2 is where Sri Rao came in, and the show became good. It was finally heavily centered around the hospital. Of course, that got scrapped.