Y&R May 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He's back to being Devon's bootlicker. After being front and center in the Newman storylines with Victoria, that has to be quite the downer.

I'm glad Jess Walton didn't fly in for this Chancellor Winters "story", it doesn't deserve her. The whole Chancellor-Winters association worked when it was with Jill, Billy, & Lily since they had a long history. But ever since they added Devon, with his so-called donated sperm for the baby, the storyline has been a flop. The CW merger feels like the corporate version of the awful baby story. Make it stop!

The only bright spot was the new handsome, and very well-built, Chance. It was like getting a new Brad. 

Please register in order to view this content

Bring back that basketball court! Where's the rooftop pool? But now they get rid of him? WTH? He was a major legacy character too. Why get rid of the only Chancellor heir, especially in the middle of a Chancellor story?

This soap is crap these days. I used to tune in for my favs here and there, but that's not even worth it anymore.

• Members

Disappointed if Chance/Connor has been demoted.

The whole Abby/Devon/Chance story had so many beats to play but instead Chance just walked away with little angst and Devon/Abby got together and now have zilch story.

Has Josh written one decent story in all these years?

• Members

It’s so odd not having Chance around for a Chancellor story. 

idk what it is with those writers obsession with the Devon character! No offense to the actor but the character is so dull and always has been. Even in the hey days of his affair with Hillary it was more Hillary and Neil that made it work. But those writers won’t stop giving Devon one story after another story. Does the actor has something on them that they write so much for him over more interesting characters? I mean Devon gets so much while our beloved Sharon gets nothing? Make that make sense 

I love Y&R and I won’t give up on it but like u said sometimes it not even worth it to tune in for your favorites lol 

and that OCD storyline is the only thing I’m invested in coz I still hope for a Chelsea and Adam reunion. I mean that those writers pretend like Chelsea literally meant nothing to Adam in the past is a serious crime if we think back how much they loved each other during the 2010’s. 

• Members

Jill giving all her control to Billy is so annoying.

I’m loving bitchy Lily when it comes to Daniel. He genuinely seems confused as to why his actions would have consequences. Like you don’t get to cheat on the boss and expect zero retaliation. 

• Members

Watching the Jill/Devon/Lily scenes (as awful as the story is) and Jess was bringing it -from a computer screen, no less and CK was giving a sense of her feelings with little dialogue. Meanwhile Bryton was blandly reciting lines sounding like a whiny kid.

Dullvon drags down any scene he is in.

• Members

5-13

Okay...seriously...is JG okay? Cuz hearing about what Connor did is a little too dark for a kid and even I had to be EXCUSE WHAT?

Now just to be sure...Mamie mad at Devon, Nate, and Lily must have been on the day that I didn't watch and is no longer on my system because that seem odd. Just like me starting 5-14 and seeing Southern Belle Ashley is back in charge.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about Billy being in charge. Sorry. Does this mean even less of Jill. JILL FOSTER ABBOT who has been a main character since Day 1??? I...can't. For Billy? I...

That said...I am down for Devon vs Billy now. Because there are stakes. I think he's made a mistake given how Devon feels about Neil's memory.

I actually thought it was surprisingly in bad taste to see Christine taunting Giggly Heffa. Even though she asked for it. It might have just been a dialogue thing for me though. Not as witty as I like their showdowns. 

lol

• Members

Abby voting against Devon and Lily when she knows Billy’s history

. Even Jill looks stupid in this. I really wanted it to blow up in her face. Billy is INSUFFERABLE when he has any sort of power.

• Members

It makes no sense to me that Abby would go against her own husband on this power grab. I hate  that, and I hate the idea that Jill would Turn all that power over to Billy when for YEARS she's made clear that she doesn't trust Billy with too much control.

I also hate these "board meetings" being held in Lily's tiny office. All those bodies in that room look absurd.