GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I also found it funny that viewers seemingly had to struggle with this Marshall story for who knows how long, but when Curtis starts to walk again, he's nowhere to be seen. I'm indifferent to him, I just found it funny.

Anyway, I have been watching for a full month now and I've ben very pleased with what I've seen. I'd probably grade it a B+. Just solid, grounded, EMOTIONAL, soap opera. Especially comparing it to the messes of the other three ridiculous caricatures, I'm excited and hopeful for what will transgress in April.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Kate Mansi has now appeared in 77 episodes as Kristina. That puts her ahead of Lindsey Morgan. Kate is second to Lexi Ainsworth among Kristinas.

Lexi Ainsworth 476

Kate Mansi 77

Lindsey Morgan 76

• Members

Don't get me wrong, Sprina had terrific chemistry, but it seems like many on social media are acting as if they were/are the second coming of Greg and Jenny or Jesse and Angie.

• Members

I still don't like the Blaze/Natalia storyline at all.

It feels like the writers want us to understand Natalia's feelings/upset about her daughter's sexuality, and fair or not, I'm not here for it. I think it's typical soap writing that's far behind the times.

Would I be happier if Natalia was written as a blatant villain who's an outright bigot? I honestly don't know. I'd probably hate that, too. I just know that Natalia's attitude and ideas make my skin crawl, and I can't give her any passes for her age or her culture or her religion or anything else.

I also hate the way Blaze is being written. ALL of this would be discussed with a performer's team, ALL of it would have answers to every possibility going forward.

Are their stars today who remain closeted? Of course. But that's not the story we're getting or that we're going to get. We're getting a story written for an aged daytime demo that needs its hand held and guided to acceptance. As I said, I'm not here for it.

Compare this to last night's 911 when Buck had a revelatory first gay kiss. I know daytime and primetime are different, but 911 -- although surprising and even shocking -- felt authentic and up-to-date.

• Members

Many, very many, of SprinaNation have tried all along to sell Sprina as not only a supercouple but one of the best! Many people have told them that supercouples are a thing of the past but they do not buy that it is so. But, remember that some of these people raised enough money to put up a Sprina billboard in Times Square which I never really got since Sprina's home is not on that coast! 

• Members

The Blaze/Kristina/Natalia material just feels very 2000s. No one would really care about a pop star being gay in 2024.

Interracial pairings automatically attract a certain type of fan-base…the kind that kept Daniel Goddard employed at YR for over a decade.

The way the Sprina stans operate reminds me of LiaSon stans lol. They had Esme trending for weeks after her death because they wouldn’t stop complaining about her. The show will either try to placate them by recasting Spencer/bringing on another YT boy to pair with Trina or pay em dust.