GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just for the record, obviously when Kraze was created Frank was in charge. But, Chris & Dan did not create the pairing. I realize that's not what you said, just happen to know, so clarifying. Kraze was "thought up" during the strike & for that reason the author remains unknown. I hate that about strikes, don't you? And, of course, that might have something to do with the lack of focus on the relationship. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

4-4

First Portia gets a couple. Now Portia gets to drag people with common sense. I'll say this much...I've been enjoying the spotlight on Portia no matter how brief it might be. BK has always brought it. And she hasn't had shine this major in terms of HER point of view since her February Sweeps wedding. Where's @Juliajms at?

Please register in order to view this content

I did find it odd that Heather was uncuffed from her bed, too, so I was right there with Portia when she had that look. And it never even entered my mind that Portia=Trina's mom, Heather=Esme's mom until it came from Portia's lips. And it says a lot to how strong Portia is as a woman that she STILL took care of Heather in the hospital. I just seem layers there and I don't mine it at all. It reminds me of me at my jobs where I can dislike someone and STILL do my job...until they make it personal that is.  

I admit that Cody that has been looking like a snack this week so I really don't mind that shirt coming off. lol. That said...I've over Sasha/Cody cuz it feels like it's just the same scene to me. Since they mentioned Mac though, I am wondering how JJY is doing. Because I assume the Cody is Mac's son bombshell will be dropped when he returns. 

Can I say that now that Dante's waken up that I love how they are playing every beat with him? Usually, a soap character wakes up and get released in the same episode or a few episodes later, but it feels like he's been in the hopsital a week or two outside of the coma of course. And he's getting to interact with so much family. I love it. And I love how DZ is acting. Cuz again...soap actors rarely play their injuries and he appears to be playing it from the movements to how messed up his voices sounds, etc. 

Awww at Olivia wanting to do something for Tracy's birthday.

And I didn't like the coldness between Kristina and Blaze. I felt like I missed a scene somewhere. But I'm glad they sat down and talked about it in dialogue to explain the confusion I had. same, Kristina. 

• Members

Thank you for this. I said it before a few (?) pages back or in last month's thread...that the TempJoss did just the same as RegJoss...but how the actress played her did not at all bothering me like EM has done. So it has to be something in the delivery. And I feel you hit the right word. Smugness. 

Same on villains. Sometimes you get a good villain or actor and they get overused. The best villains are the ones who can come and go in story, but have a GOOD story for them when they do that. On DAYS in the 90s, they used to use Stefano for that and it had great antipication from me at least. Because when he would pop up again and unspoiled, it gave the whole story a push, spark, upped stakes back then. On GH, right now, I would say Brennan is being that character. Loved the actor on THE MAGICIANS and the remake V as well as too many other genre shows so I know he can pull off menace and charm (and comedy). So I knew from his first arc on the show before the new writers came in...he has potential within the Pikeman storyline. And a niiice build. But I thought that story was over. So him appearing again under the new writers has been intriguing to me. His comraderie with Val...his obvious interest both adversarial...and romantic (?) with Anna. I want to see more of him, but I don't want him to stay because he'll get overused. Or worse...killed. 

I will at least give the writing regime credit and have on this before...Kristina/Blaze did at least get some build. Slow burn though it was. From their meeting at Charlie's that one day. There had been scenes here and there. Meet cute if you will. And then she popped up at Sonny/Nina wedding. And I would then say...and I could be wrong...that's when they stopped appearing enough to even be a B story. I totally agree with you about those other couples though. Heck, if Amy's Brother...the actor...had not left, would Terry even be with Yuri...who I do like, but...that was so left field versus Terry and Amy's brother meet-cute which had a little arc (that could have continued) where Terry and Amy did not like each other and now Terry was dating her brother? But alas. That said...it does at least appear there was some thought to Kristina and Blaze at least. 

It does however make me think about if LA was still in the role though. And if the fact that the recast with Mansi might have affected any story for Kristina...like the delicious Joss vs Kristina that the writers appeared to be setting up before LA left. Again, I gotta give the writers credit that they did the smart thing and backed away from the surrogacy when Mansi on and thankfully allowed her and all the Molly actresses time in their own stories (and that's after some time in the background) so the audience could get used to them as the characters BEFORE the surrogacy story which was going to be a big story pre-writing change. I think the big mistake now that we are used to the recasts is that they circled back around to the surrogacy. Though I am now wondering with the new writer team how that story will go.

I do feel that...and Blaze becoming the Face of Deception...might very well be what breaks them up in the end. And if the writers are banking on Mansi as it seems like they are...it would be the perfect way to lead Mansi to a better acting partner. If that is what they wish. Perhaps the actress playing Blaze will step it up in time and they won't. But...time will tell. If they break up and stay broken up...well...since the writers do seem like they will continue Kristina vs Joss, they can always have that feud go on. LA's Kristina did have chemistry with Dex I felt...

Please register in order to view this content

I think I am one of the few that here that did not mind Sam/Dante though KM did look bored at times. So I'm all for PM and EK deepening that relationship. And I'm happy it is translating to everyone else. 

• Members

Kristina and Blaze just reached the stupid level (in record time) with Krissy being mad about Blaze's Deception gig. Blaze explained it, and Krissy has no right to be pissed about not hearing about it prior to walking into that office. That's just dumb. It's a modeling job. It's business for Blaze and it's "none of your business" for Krissy to get pissy about.

I hope it's the catalyst to break them up. Blaze's character is not Mansi-worthy material. Maybe the new team will write out Blaze and her mother very soon, although I'm loving Eva back on a soap screen. She had five minutes on Y&R and I thought she would have been perfect for Jack Abbott, but then they jettisoned all of the Rosales right off the show.

• Members

I would legit have no problem if they leaned into Eva's character becoming a nasty schemer and if it leads to Blaze being written out. Mansi deserves someone more high caliber, female or male.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, I thought Kristina was understandably confused. Ali acted like she didn't know her & Ali herself volunteered her explanation upfront, so it seemed like she thought Kristina had a reason to be confused. Immediately Kristina was fine & understood. When they're together & alone they have mature, adult conversations & they really communicate well. My preference would be for them to stay together but that is going to be up to the show. We've yet to see them on a date out somewhere. They've made love that we've seen one night. And there is the matter of only being together alone for under 8 minutes in 3 weeks' time. That's just no way to build a romantic pairing. There are plenty of fans who want Kraze. But it's not up to them/us. I have no problem with Ali being in the closet. It is very realistic & also relatable that people don't come completely out until they have a reason to do so & usually that is a relationship which is what happened here. 

Sasha & Cody definitely had a real story, possibly one of the realest.

Kraze was developed like a real LGBTQ+ couple, over time. Forever & a day Blaze was there, wherever Krissy was, flirting. It's just now they seem to be at a crossroads & so far from the writing team, it's crickets. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Exactly. I have no patience for most of those couples. I especially don't care about these cutesy C/D couples like forcing Diane on Scorpio, or Terry and the various dayplayers Frank has a crush on. But the new writing has made Dante and Sam feel legit to me, even if I don't need them to be together forever. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Exactly! If a new writing team can make you actually come around or at least feel something for a couple (or some characters) that you feel nothing/indifferent about, I always find that to be progress toward a new writing team or good writing IMHO. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

They are only starting the Kraze storyline. Kristina can date Blaze and be pregnant at the same time. Blaze being the model for Deception is good for Blaze and doesn't hurt Kristina at all. Kraze is getting married for sure, and they will raise the baby together after Kristina refuses to give to back to Molly and TJ. If Sonny really is done with Nina than he should take up with Natalia instead of Ava.

• Members

I personally hope the show ditches this surrogacy plot all together.  I really don't want to go down the road of Kristina trying to keep the baby.  I would have Kristina lose the baby and have Molly/TJ reassess their baby plans (offscreen).  Kristina would spiral and get messy and sleep with Dex (just to make Joss cry) and Kraze would break up and the show can find a decent love interest for her.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would leave Valerie alone for awhile. It was a nice idea but both iterations of the character were boring as hell. I'd only reconceive that character with a very strong actress, and frankly Brytni Sarpy wasn't during her time on the show. (I don't even know WTF was the deal with the other one.)

And yes, have Krissy lose the baby, T.J. and Molly leave, Blaze is caught in the chaos, maybe gets exposed to the public and dips, etc. If there's no firings and this boring-ass surrogacy drags on I'll know something is up BTS.

Edited by Vee