ALL: Worst TWISTS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm sure the soap press would have criticized it, but at least Bill and Luke were cousins.  I still don't know what, if any, connection Tad and Ted had beyond looking alike, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

I would nominate the murder swap of Adam and Stuart on AMC as a terrible idea.

It may an unpopular opinion, but I never enjoyed the character of Stuart, as I thought the overly precious portrayal of his unspecified developmental delay was insensitive. 

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

As a "character-damaging twist", Y&R’s Neil holding a comatose Hilary hostage in the boathouse was one of the worst.  No way Neil would ever do that.

In addition to worst twist, I'd nominate that for  
"worst-written storylines to cover/explain an actor's parental leave or medical leave" 
(if such a thread existed)
(In this case, it was Mishael's maternity leave).

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Lord haha it was really bad. I also hated how that show wasted Amelia Marshall. Van Johnson if I recall had a background of acting in those  cheesy action shows of the mid-late 90s that were both syndicated but ended up airing on USA as well (usually starring Lorenzo Lamas) before making the leap to daytime on Y&R, where basically he was a one note villain who had a goon to do his dirty work. 

Indeed I hated it too, and sadly Neil never recovered from that storyline nor was ever given the time too unfortunately. 

As gross as the story was that Neil and Devon had share a second woman, Neil’s history of cheating himself it didn’t make sense for him to become some evil sadistic moral self-righteous villain either. I remember Neil being nasty/condescending to Lily about her problems with Cane and Joe around the same time and it just felt so wrong for Neil to act that way. 

Another ridiculous story…on top the whole all the show’s leading ladies dumping JT into a shallow grave like it was a 1996 Melrose Place episode

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Remember when Pratt started at Y&R and they legit tried to make people think Blind Neil would crash the jet with his whole family onboard over Devon and Hilary's affair? Lord.

• Members

On GL..who is "A. Spaulding" who framed Phillip.  It was supposed to be so smart with everyone in the Spaulding family's name starting with A (besides Phillip) and it might have been good if it lasted a few weeks, but it went on for months..and everyone was rewritten to act as if they did not want Phillip back in town (Alex loved Phillip, Alan of course thought he was the golden boy, and AM and he were getting along when Phillip left town...the only person that would have a motive would be Amanda who conceivably could have an issue of being the oldest but overshadowed by Phillip) but the audience figured out that it was actually Blake...(get it "a" Spaulding..) which, since she was already suffering another bad plot twist (having twins by two fathers) could have been interesting to see Phillip get revenge on the mother of both his uncles and best friends kids. But McTavish got p*ssed that people figured out and made the villain....Alan...which again could have been a turning point in their relationship, but soon Phillip was calling Alan "dad" and acting like everything was hunky dory. 

Okay, Brandon is really Amanda's father was right up there.