ALL: Worst TWISTS

• Members

When a storyline is going greeeat and then the twist just ruins it. 

One thing that comes to mind is when Bill and Sheila were hooking up and in some kind of dark union... and then the absurd twist that Bill is actually working against her... and wanting her to be in jail. But we saw him kiss her and... release his sexual energy with her... for WEEKS. So it was... kinda MIND-blowingly stupid. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AMC 

Turning Ross and Natalie lustful affair into rape, just to defang Natalie. It was a huge mistake and I think the show suffered for it.

they missed out on continuing story for two fascinating characters, a big couple, and a established anti hero in Ross. They kept bringing in men to stir up drama every few years because they got rid of him.

• Members

I agree.  They wrote Ross into a corner when they had him rape Natalie; and even though I think they kept him on for a few years afterward, you knew there was no way the writers would be allowed to write him again as anything other than a supporting, "talk-to" character in other people's stories.  I mean, there's a good reason why, after he left, they barely, if ever, mentioned him again.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Anything that includes show wrecking continuity really:

ATWT: Either the mystery owner of the Falcon Club being James Stenbeck or “What did you do to my baby boy! I mean girl! Oh never mind I was just gaslighting you…”

GL: Maryanne Carruthers 

Y&R: Jill is not a biological Foster x2 twists, Phillip III back from the dead and gay

Also any character damaging twists, like Y&R’s Neil holding a comatose Hilary hostage. 

Both B&B and Days have had more terrible twists I don’t care to list because it would take too long

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members
Posted (edited)

Anything on GH from the last 12 years. But the 2015 twist in Luke's final story was particularly bad, that he was suffering from split personality disorder. It would have been much better to reveal that the real Luke had died back in 2002 and that Bill Eckert had been impersonating him all this time. 

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

I think @Vee hipped us all to the fact that Ron Carlivati's original plan was to reveal that Bill Eckert was indeed alive and pretending to be Luke before folks caught on and he and Frank Valentini changed things.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Something Tony confirmed, I believe.

There were many very specific hints early on re: early '90s GH that made it clear it had to be Bill. We went over them on here awhile back.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You know, I wonder what would have happened, had GH and ABCD allowed Tony Geary to keep playing Bill in addition to Luke.  Obviously, TPTB knew Bill was a dud and wanted him gone with the quickness, but what if they had agreed to let him play both roles simultaneously all those years?  Who knows?  Maybe TPTB and TG wouldn't have taken Luke down such a dark path.

• Members
Posted (edited)

@dc11786 was gaming almost this exact question out in the Classic thread a page or two ago, but I believe it was more about 'what if they'd brought Laura back but not Luke while TG played Bill'. I can't see it working for long, but letting Bill run another 6-12 months as a kind of antagonist to L&L with Geary doing both roles might've been real interesting.

Edited by Vee