YR: show gets 4 year renewal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s the first American soap I truly fell in love with, so I’ll always back it to exist, and I’m happy it will continue to do so, even though I don’t watch it right now.

However, from the perspective of someone who remembers what it was, I wish the powers that be would re-examine Josh Griffith. It looks like the show is very much his, top to bottom, and as much as I want to jump back on, I fear it’ll hurt to see what it is.

• Members

Honestly, that's some of it, but I also don't think Josh Griffith knows how to manage the show's budget either.

Vivan Gundaker mentioned in an interview that she was surprised by how much bigger Y&R's production staff and budget was when she got there compared to what she was used to at ATWT. That had me asking myself - why does Y&R look as bare as a show on the verge of cancelation then? It doesn't make sense other than incompetency at the top. 

• Members

That's about as far as I can go. Admittedly I never really felt the emotional connection to Y&R I did to the P&G soaps, but I still respect the show's history and grew up watching it, and I'm glad for the cast and crew. I'm also glad a daytime soap will still be on as the genre needs to stay alive to possibly be restarted. I just wish the show wasn't what it has been for the last 20 years.

Edited by DRW50