GH: Surprise Announcement!?

• Members

Burton says in the new TV GUIDE that he had no plans to leave DAYS, he said that then the door closed there, and then another opened, and it happened quickly 

He also mentions he might have two or three years left of acting then wants to do other things, he says he is grateful to be able to come back at his age

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Fairman got that from the first few minutes of the Jan. 31st episode of Burton&Anderson's podcast/youtube show. Link  (ignore/cancel any dailydrama popup suggesting that you subscribe to their podcast)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

They offered him that story & he declined. Given that he complained about having too many lines to learn at DAYS I think we can conclude that the effort as an actor that would be required of a potential Emmy story where they dealt with his brain trauma & made him back into Jason Q, is just far more effort than he wants to put in. 

They are on hiatus this week. His first tape days back begin next week. 

• Members

You know what.....NOPE

Shows are giving their actors/actresses to much control on story. I would have been like Steve , Jason comes back with his Q memories and is conflicted about his life as Jason Morgan. If Burton said no, I'd say ok guess you wont return to GH. Call Y &R and see if they will take your ass back . 

• Members

Generally speaking I agree that some actors are given too much control over story. But I do not think it is true for most actors, so it could be worse. I believe most people are playing whatever they're given to play. For example apparently both Michael Easton & Becky Herbst do not want to be playing the romantic couple Fiz but they're having to do so, and no one in the office is interested in their opinion. But, we know that both Mo & Burton have say in what they play.