2024: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AI is programmed with specific knowledge. It can't learn but there are things that it knows. I spend time with AI, trying to catch it in errors, yes, but also using some information that it provides that seems bonafide. I do not consider what I posted random. 

Hmm, that was just the beginning of the post. Necessary to get past it to get to the rest of post. The starting point, but not the point. 

• Webmaster

REMINDER

Each year, the Directors and Writers thread is created so that posters can share and discuss behind-the-scenes changes impacting the daytime soap operas, specifically to note when a director or writer's work first materialized on air or ceased appearing throughout the calendar year. While light conversation on such matters is warranted, please do not detract from the topic's purpose. It can be distracting and is completely unnecessary.

• Members
Posted (edited)

So, yesterday was sorta interesting.

GH Wed., 5-22-24, Epi 49 of PM/EK.

Breakdown Chris Van Etten & Lucky Gold, Scriptwriter Stacy Pulwer & Cathy LePard.

The scene with Michael & Joss at a table was a filler scene. It was added later. (But, didn't it fit so nicely?)

Also, the last day of May Sweeps. 

M-F a month is 23 episodes, so, they are just at 2 months and a handful. 

I'm still struck that this has happened, at this juncture. 

What we think we'll still get to see of the PM/EK "experiment": Pikeman really heats up, Cates & Jason & Anna all have "action" scenes. I don't think we know anything else. 

Oh, a question. DIGEST said their material would run into midsummer. Do we think then that we will get to see their July Sweeps period? July Sweeps begins Th. June 27. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typos are always with us

• Members

Rauch fired her. Then, couldn't find anyone to take her place. (Why? Unknown. Pay not good enough? Didn't care to work for Rauch? Other?) Rauch called her & asked her if she'd come back. And. She. Did. Amazing. This all after he shot down every single idea she pitched. (I know we've heard of that happening at other shows, with other personnel, etc.) One of the ideas she pitched was a love story betw Olivia & Holly!!! Labine said that the only thing she got to write at GL that she enjoyed was Mae the cigarette girl. If that's not sad & sorry, I don't know what is. 

• Members

You're not kidding around? You seriously object to what's been posted today? Well, it was about writing so that doesn't fly as an objection. Wrong writer, wrong time, though, alright, if you insist. I will personally cease & desist. 

• Members

Donna. I am opening your two thousandth blocked post to tell this. You have been told by the admin multiple times to let people just post the basic information about the shows and credits and not keep filling up the thread with needless discussion and reminiscences. 

I don't even think you're a malicious troll, unlike some of the other accounts we practically had to hunger strike to get banned. I think you mean well but are very used to doing things your own way and cannot accept not being in the right or in the center of a thread, whether you realize it or not. Believe it or not, I am trying to help you. This isn't a debate. This isn't a difference of opinion. This isn't a discussion. You have one job in this thread and it is to stop posting.

• Administrator

Checked both feeds on GlobalTV and CBS, and Y&R did not have any writer/director/producer credits on Wednesday May 22. 

It's been an unusual week at GH with double crediting the BDW and SW on May 22, and listing two SWs on May 24, unless they promoted Cathy Lepard to BDW.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

May 21, 2024 was GH episode #15472.
May 22, 2024 was episode #15472A - so apparently another insert episode.
I don't know if that was the cause of the confusing writing credits.

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

I posted about this at the time. I was hoping you'd follow up with an episode # with an A at the end & now you have. My post is a few pages back, but this is what's pertinent from it: 

The scene with Joss & Michael at a table was a filler which was added later. 

The info is from the same person who gets the weekly previews slightly early. She knew about the production change, ahead of time. Her name is Angela Ryan-Duncan & her TwiX name is @brookelynn74 

They did list her with the other script writer. This is what I posted the other day, at the time. 

On 5/23/2024 at 9:33 AM, Contessa Donatella said:

So, yesterday was sorta interesting.

GH Wed., 5-22-24, Epi 49 of PM/EK.

Breakdown Chris Van Etten & Lucky Gold, Scriptwriter Stacy Pulwer & Cathy LePard.

The scene with Michael & Joss at a table was a filler scene. It was added later. (But, didn't it fit so nicely?)

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more