2023 Daytime Emmys Live Discussion Thread

• Members

Are Brytni and Bryton married? I hear people calling out Mrs. James and congratulating them. It's quite possible I'm way behind on known news as I don't really follow the actors on social media....

(Edit: Not confirmed. I think it's possible Francesca James was standing to the side offscreen and might be the "Mrs. James" being congratulated, what a coincidence that would be, especially given how Bryton joins Brytni at the end)

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, going by your reckoning they were right to include Anne Heche, who died Aug. 11, 2022. And NO NAncy Frangione! By god, whoever decided not to include Cecile deserves big trouble.

I have heard that there is a longer version of the IM segment which may be played for the Creatives and MAY end up on YT. So, we'll see about that. 

It was flat out wrong of them to double highlight Tyler & leave others in the dust. 

Nick Benedict

Nancy Frangione !!! 

David Jacobs!

Peter White

Bob Miller Costuming legend

Lara Parker???

I truly hope this supposed longer version does exist. 

• Members

I know that Bryton and Brytni were dating in 2019 and then moved in together by 2020. They were public about that.   At some point in 2020 or 2021 they split.   For a while they seemed distant. I think they resumed their friendship in the past year or so, and they traveled together *with other actors* in 2022 to see Christian Le Blanc in the Off-Broadway "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof".

I haven't heard that they resumed their romance but what do I know?  I think the marriage is just a rumor?

Also, some of the red carpet press were misinformed about a lot of things and one didn't know who Susan Lucci was.  So a photographer calling Brytni "Mrs. James" might not mean anything?

She just smiled because what could she do, she's on the red carpet and supposed to be posing for photos.  I couldn't tell if it was a bemused smile about silly rumors, or if it's actually true? I just don't know.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh totally. I was watching in real time, so was hopeful that they’d do more of those types of tributes throughout the ceremony. I was disappointed that they didn’t. Obviously, Jackie Zeman’s passing was almost completely ignored, and she’s a five-decade icon of soaps and multiple Emmy nominee who was still part of her show. 

It was definitely clear that no one in production had much love for soaps.  Why not super serve your viewers? The only people watching an Emmy ceremony… on a Friday night… during the holidays… following a tree-lighting ceremony… are going to be loyal daytime fans.

I get that the leaders of these organizations have obligations, but the president’s speech and the presentation of the medals also ate up a lot of time that could have gone to other things (like clips, which are a huge part of awards ceremonies). And the Primetime Emmy ceremonies had started to cut a lot of the presenters’ banter in recent years, which give them more time for clips. Just a very dull and disrespectful production last night.

The SAG Awards do a great In Memoriam year after year and they are just a little over three minutes. Very simple concept. Obviously the Academy is too cheap to acquire the clips and/or cut them together:

https://youtu.be/a968G4bUKqE?si=cuYUzfgGaR0K844w 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Okay, this sounds like just adding BTS folk into the "other version" of the IM segment. 

https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/news-days/secrets-behind-the-50th-annual-daytime-emmys-preview

“One of the most difficult aspects of the production is [deciding] who gets into the telecast [In Memoriam] and who doesn’t,” Sharp somberly says. “How do you value a life? The telecast montage will be particularly heavy on those iconic names and faces of people we know. We’ll be putting extra content into the Creative Arts [ceremony] for people behind the scenes.”