• Members

Interesting.  I was watching back then when Nikki was married to Kevin, and she was pregnant, and confiding in Kay, and unaware of the paternity.
I remember all that!  But I didn't know (or hadn't paid attention) to how Victoria got her name.  Back in those days I didn't have a VCR or soap magazines -- so if I missed something, I couldn't find out what I missed.  I must have assumed that Nikki named Victoria after Victor because she loved Victor, even though she was married to Kevin.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

IMO, writers should not give characters medical conditions that should always impact the character's traits and abilities, such as Robin with HIV or Nikki with MS. Other than curable diseases, they should only give a character something if it moves a storyline and will have to follow through. Otherwise, it is disrespectful to the viewer dealing with the matter in real life as they see a character doing things they can't do themselves. Just sayin'.

• Members

RE: Claire the spoiler is:
Nikki is still captive at Jordan's house. Nikki may not be the only member of the Newman family who is being targeted.  Claire returns to Genoa City and pretends to accidentally encounter Victoria at Newman, and says "omg I just got a call that there's been an accident with Nikki at my aunt's house"
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-yr-preview-nikki-falls-off-the-wagon/

RE: Cole the spoiler is:
Cole "has a surprise reunion with ex-wife Victoria"
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/j-eddie-peck-returns-to-the-young-and-the-restless/

The spoiler pics show Cole on the set of Jordan's house.  I wonder if he is there to be creepy and help Jordan? 
Or does Cole arrive voluntarily/innocently, lured there under false pretenses and doesn't know why?
Does he instigate surprising Victoria?
Or are both of them surprised?

• Members

People really need to accept that Ameila Heinle is in the role of Victoria Newman and won't be cast out for someone else. At this point, she is the longest-tenured actor in the role. Plus, Heinle is not horrible as Victoria when given the right material, and she has not always been given that.

Please register in order to view this content

I agree with this. The absence of Nikki's MS is disappointing. Doesn't Maggie on Days of Our Lives also have MS and, I feel like that's ignored mostly, as well. General Hospital does this with Anna's blood condition unless they write-in a random visit to GH for blood work to explain why she's randomly there on a Tuesday.

People genuinely still forget JT's origins and that people can / do change. The Stitch change, however, was deplorable.

• Members

For a soap I think GH has handled Robin's HIV pretty responsibly. They'd mention it regularly and it was always a concern whenever she had a medical crisis. And HIV/AIDS treatment has advanced so much in the last 30 years that I think showing someone able to live a fulfilling life was incredibly important.

• Members

Colleen Zenk says on SOD website interview that she was contacted by Josh Griffith in early August but has been taping for the past 5 1/2 weeks.
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/colleen-zenk-dishes-about-her-young-and-restless-experience/

In early August, J.Eddie Peck was at the Y&R/B&B fan club event for former actors.  
I bet this is when the combined storyline came together.