ALL: Terrible but Entertaining Plots

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GH-Casey the Alien. Introduced Faison, dealt a little with Anna’s past as a double agent and grief from losing Duke. It was implausible but as a kid I enjoyed it.

GH- The Panic Room. As much as I didn’t enjoy what the show was at that point, or what Liz had become, her seeing Carly was a thrilling cliffhanger.

• Members

GL: Dreaming Death and Infinity.  In the mid-'80's, GL came after GH hard with plots that, even then, looked and felt out of place on a show that had been, for the most part, a very grounded and relatable show.  Nevertheless, as a grade-schooler, I [!@#$%^&*] loved them for the suspense that they offered, as well as the fact that they seemed to tie in a great deal of the canvas.

• Members

Y&R's action/adventure storylines during the H. Wesley Kenney years (1982-1986). The police corruption/mob angles were tame in comparison to General Hospital and Days in that same era but action/adventure never really suited Y&R. I've often thought that adding action/adventure to Y&R was a CBS mandate to compete w/ General Hospital and Days.

• Members

The overall misogynistic vibe the show was mired in. The fact that Ric didn’t really pay for what he did. I remember thinking Liz was missing her brain quite a bit. But that cliffhanger is one of my all time favorites on GH. I would put it right under the Labine era shootout with Brenda in the shower/Laura’s house/Stone and Robin outside the Club on my list of favorite GH cliffhangers. Clink/Boom being number 1.

The original story was whimsical, which suited Lila. Plus it was wrapped up in Sean and Monica’s affair. The Tracy revisit was stupid and not fun to watch at all.

• Members

Yeah I don’t think anybody was telling Bell what to do. The only time his hand was fixed was the whole 1 hour thing.

Bill Bell was very complimentary about what Gloria Monty did at GH. In that joint interview he did with Claire Labine he clearly was familiar with the GH style and Luke & Laura. It would not surprise me if he just wanted to run some adventure through the show. I never felt Y&R had slipped into a GH clone as much as DAYS did.