ALL: Terrible but Entertaining Plots

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching B&B Season 8 (1994-95) - I've started hate-watching the Princess Leyla (Taylor) scenes - I was skipping at the beginning, but it's so bad, I'm compelled to watch now The entire premise - that Taylor would voluntarily stay in Morocco and let everyone, including her father and brother think she was dead - is beyond ridiculous. The bad sets, supporting characters, fake accents, etc.

I get that killing off Taylor was done because HT left to do other things. If she came back sooner than they expected and they threw together this mess for a 4-6 week story, that's acceptable. So far it's been 4 months ... with probably a few more to go.

What's interesting is the near complete isolation of Taylor's story. Except for the 2 episodes where Brooke/Ridge are in the palace, you literally could remove every scene until James' arrival and it wouldn't impact the show at all. It's as if it's a show within the show.

HT actually looks great dressed in the colorful Kaftans and because her hair is hidden underneath a veil, it really highlights her stunning looks.

• Members

OLTL Tess/Jessica/Nash (2005): I liked this stor but I can see why it was disliked though.  It was damaging to Viki's character to suggest her Niki persona neglected Jess, during which time she was molested.

It also added to the most overused story on that soap. 

Y&R- Kay is Jill's mother (2003): totally unnecessary, but I did love to see Katherine's wailing and moaning

• Members

Oh God..no...Zimmer was already eating up the SF scenery like Godzilla..we didn't need two of her.  But you are right there was a perverse love of watching scenes of Rauch and the writers massaging Kimmer's ego at that party where everyone was in AWE of Reva's skin and complexion...not knowing it was the clone(this was right when Kimmer was starting to show her age in Rauch's overlit sets and turning into the battle-ax we all know and love..) 

I do think that Reva 2.0 gave us a bountiful feast of entertaining bad stories from Josh being drugged by FauxAnnie (Sit DOWN Josh) to Reva the Queen of San Cristobal and things like the Matt and Josh repeling over a wall, where the camera pulls back to reveal they could have walked around it, the chase of RN on a motorcycle going "Grrrrrrr REEEEVAA" to the residents of midwestern SF being lined up in front of a firing squad (what kind of justice system did this dumb place have and did they not think that might not cause an international incident and Reva after dimRichie runs off to stop it...sits there drinking her coffee and staring into the distance when her friends and family are about to be blown apart) and of course, the Toliet Bowl of Doom when Eddie dragging Reva around in a gown and a tiara (looking like a very big drag performer) tries to drown the "Kentucky Fried Venus" to unfortunately..no avail.  Reva 2.0 gave us enough bad stories, cheesy sets. The Clone seemed downright ..intelligent!

• Members

ATWT: Barbara getting barbecued and then her descent into madness with James at her side culminating in the spa storyline, which I secretly enjoyed seeing. Later on I liked Henry and Barbara as well.

AW: Cristy Carson having a body count over her hiding secret crush on Cass will never not be hysterical to me.

B&B: Lord where to start?

Please register in order to view this content

I’ll go with Thomas and Brooke on an island with aphrodisiac berries lol.

Days: Again where to start? I’ll go with Vivian’s tooth, the 2007 sorority house murder, and Grandma Caroline turning nasty/bitter and switching paternity results (why the show later undid that twist I don’t understand, Peggy McCay was fantastic in that confession scene). 

GL: Like others have mentioned I was entertained by the Reva clone (remember when clone Reva planned her honeymoon for Genoa City because she was a Y&R watcher?) and Nursery Rhyme Stalker stories. Also I’ll add in the Marion Crane story.

Y&R: Margaret & Miles story was always fun for me. I was also a fan of Tony & Megan’s storyline. Amber was so out of place on Y&R but I was always amused. 

Killer Guacamole was the last Passions story I remember fully watching and the sheer hilariousness of it all…Theresa purchased a hospital bed & equipment for Ethan in a secluded cabin after hijacking an ambulance was just so Passions. After that, it seemed every character on the show started getting raped constantly so stopped watching it, missing just about all of 2006-2008 except for the 2007 NBC ending and then around the finale. 

The show was at its best parodying there 2001-03 but even that could be a bit much with the endless endless flashbacks, fakeouts, never ending days, what is in TC’s shed mania. The fart/poop jokes became a bit much, with Beth’s mom deliberately peeing on Beth’s wedding dress to sabotage the wedding, Beth crapping herself after Sheridan proclaimed “I know the truth!” thinking Sheridan was talking about Marty when really it was about something minuscule, Miguel getting the runs after Kay’s spell went awry etc. Don’t ask me why I have that etched in memories

• Members

I forgot about the Nursery Rhyme Stalker storyline, which everyone seemed to hate, but I loved. Holly was clever and wiley and MG looked hot slinking around town in her leather (like we didn't know she was the stalker, she was the only woman in town who didn't wear a pastel dress.)  I just wish that Holly and kept the tude and the leather afterwards, no one besides BevAlex was as good with a withering ironic takedown of someone like MG/Holly when they wrote her that way.  And yes, Brent/Marion was great and I did not see that switching HIV test results was any worse than any other partenity/medical test done on soaps over the years. 

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Terrible but Entertaining Plots