Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would call Alex's suit royal blue, which definitely has a purple hue to it

Please register in order to view this content

Also, did anyone else read the exit interview for Aketra Sevillian (aka Talia)? 

Aketra Sevillian (ex-Talia) had heard rumblings about budget and cast cuts before she became one of the casualties at DAYS. [ ]Then Sevillian got summoned to former co-executive producer Xxxx Xxxxs office. [ ] “It was very respectful, when he sat me down,” she continues, noting that Xxxxx explained that it had nothing to with her work, but that she was simply a casualty of cost-cutting measures.

I was amused that they blamed the budget for her firing, then turned around and hired three new actors (Holly, Tate, and Konstantin) as well as the aforementioned 1,000 wigs for Theresa. Spare me the responses, educating me on the budgetary structure of soap operas, I'm just saying it was funny to think of her walking out of the studio after being dismissed and seeing three new faces walking in.  She must have had some questions...

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/aketra-sevillian-on-her-days-exit/

Edited by j swift

• Members

And given @carolineg's commentary on Aketra's eyebrow acting, it was also funny that she went to aesthetician school after finishing at DAYS.  I'm guessing that threading and waxing will be her specialty.

Why did the eyebrow stylist go to jail?

Because she was charged with tweezin’.

Edited by j swift

• Members

That's probably the right career choice for her.

But as far as budget, I don't think she was making much.  They did lose Camila and Martha and dumped Nadia and Brandon Beemer and Barash.  I think that freed up money as well for Holly/Tate/Greek guy.  

They were probably just letting her down gently and actually did not like her eyebrow acting is what I am saying..

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I agree they let her down gently, but as I've said before, they also created a character -- a doctor -- that did not work for this actress. There was nothing about her that said "This girl went to medical school  for a decade."

They can put a new wig on Theresa every day. That will neveer make EOB a good fit for that role. So far, it's not working, and it feels like an entirely different character.

• Members

I agree she was miscast as a Dr from the start and didn't get much better.  Perhaps if they just had her as a med student for a while and let her grow into the role? 

Even though I made fun of Talia a lot, I still thought she had potential.  Something had to change quickly because they dropped her/Chanel and her a hospital job after a day and was out the door so fast.   Was the actress/character poorly received?   It seems like on here most people were at least willing to give her a chance.  Certainly not near the top of the list of people that need to go.  

• Members

Well, I will say that at least Marlena got to represent the fan point of view. She was horrified when Brady told her what he was taking part in. She used the words reprehensible & unethical & she even tried to talk him out of it. He was insistent that he has to do this because  you have to stoop to Kristen's level. He agreed that there's no way Kristen would harm Rachel physically but stated that she did harm to her emotionally or mentally, I forget his words, but that she poisoned her mind against Chloe & she would do the same against him & he would lose his little girl forever. 

• Members

Episodes are always a lot better when they’re not written like a big, stupid joke. 

Even this awful fake abuse arc was more watchable today. I’m glad it’s over though. And Gabi and Stefan are total trash. I’m glad karma is finally gonna catch up with them. Now, if only it would catch up with the worst character on the show right now

Steve and Kayla’s trip down memory lane seemed a little random at first, but I ended up really liking how it was set against Chad/Stephanie, who were the MVPs today. 

They were the best part of today. We got some really good insight as to why things are the way that they are between them. And I liked how Stephanie’s reaction were tied back to her former relationship.

I’m looking forward to that storyline next week. 

• Members

The cliffhanger was spot on perfect. And, I liked the juxtaposition of Steve worrying that he'd made things worse today with the excruciating situation they were in bitd. 

Some folk on Twitter have suggested that this almost seems like it was punitive toward Camila for leaving. 

At this point I don't think I'd look askance at any theory! 

• Members

Do you think today ends the speculation that Abigail will return?  It would seem redundant in terms of an interloper for the Stephanie and Chad relationship.

The missing parallel in today's episode was how Caroline and Shawn felt about Steve marrying Kayla.  I actually don't recall them having any objections to the union, but they would've been justified at the time, given Steve's sketchy background and Kayla's professional aspirations.

Edited by j swift