Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She should do that no matter! I'm patiently waiting on a book out of Jill Lorie Hurst. I wish someone could talk Robin Strasser into writing one!

Right now people are raving about Tom Lisanti's new book on RH. In her review Marlena Delacroix compares his scholarship with Chris Schemering Ency/1985 which is basically as high praise as there can be. Alina Adams just posted a link to her review & she raved in her post of the link. It's on SoapHub. 

• Members

I think it is toeing the party line. I like them both, but I also think they had the power to speak out when Alarr was there, even if they didn't name him. Things were bad for A LONG TIME, and it's not like there was a bad couple weeks.

These are daytime icons, and they were silent -- and they stayed silent after Alarr was fired. Others with much less agency than they had spoke out. I don't want to punish them, but I'm just not ready to give them flowers for that interview.

• Members

I don't think we're in a position to criticize people for not speaking up during Albert Alarr's tenure. I  just believe that to be true of people in hellish employment situations in general, not some special privilege I hold for DAYS  victims. 

However, I also think it is completely fine to say nice things about people who do speak up, or who did speak up, and to that end I say Hooray for Ari Zucher & Judi Evans! @ranger1rg Glad you mentioned flowers. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I understand where you are coming from, but these are two actors who were pretty easily dumped 15 years ago.  It could be done again.  At a certain point most people will look out for themselves and own families before telling the world about a bad workplace.  We have no idea what they did behind the scenes at all.  People with much less agency also had a lot less to lose here.  Bless, Judi Evans, but she would lose her 4 appearances a month?  MM will talk about a job she already vacated and left? I am not praising them for their groundbreaking outspokenness, but it's a slippery slope.  They are employed by Days and I am not mad at them for doing promo/interview they probably had to do.  I think there are several people to blame in general for this situation continuing as long as it did, but it's not the on-air talent.

Listen, maybe it will all be told in the Never Say Never Deidre Hall Story Part 2.......

• Members

Dee and Drake are on the don't make waves public relations spin circuit. Everything's wonderful. Janet Spellman-Drucker doesn't get a pass. She was there the entire time Alaar tortured that set. Spellman-Drucker couldn't do anything for the 20 years that Alaar allegedly made working conditions hell? She was the next person in line from Alaar so actors & crew must have come to her with their complaints. Don't expect miraculous changes, folks. She seems like an enbler.

• Members

Writing an episode where Gabi and Stefan falsely accuse Kristen of child abuse by using makeup on little Rachel, is in very poor taste.

I get that DAYS turns especially silly around Halloween, but this is beyond the bounds of entertainment, and was really gross to watch.

• Members

Here's the thing if Ron wants to make a big old parody of a soap he can do that.  As long as I know that's what he is going for.  It's just the tone of the entire show and even this episode is off.  I assume we are supposed to take this Rachel story and the mob stuff seriously.   But we have those two idiots running around the square in sheets with Jada/Harris chasing after them.  

I don't even know how to take that.  Even at JER's wackiest he took the show very seriously.  I assume JER is Ron's inspiration here, but he is missing the heart of the show with all this. 

• Members

Good. 

Stefan should have stayed dead and Jake should have never existed. One less useless character taking up screentime. 

On the other current topic in this thread, until a male character is castrated and has his penis re-attached upside down, or a character who is half male/half female get pregnant by their own father, we can proudly keep our heads high knowing DAYS is just one step above Passions. But just one at this point... 

• Members

I was literally actually horrified when I saw where Gabi & Stefan were taking their game with Rachel. Making her a party to accusing her mother of physical abuse is so far beyond any level of "taste"! I cannot imagine people thinking up these ideas & then following through & writing them down! Have they lost their minds?! Do they not have any filters? This is the kind of thing where someone in an odd mood would say, Hey we oughta do this & name something totally outrageous & all have a laugh & that is purged & then they do something realistic instead. 

• Members

I can definitely see why CB left.  It's just a distasteful story and I can't imagine why Gabi would even do that for some shares or votes or whatever this is about.  She's a mother herself.  A bad one, but it doesn't seem in character.  It's not even like Stefan/Gabi feel Kristen is a bad mom or are firmly on Brady's side.  It's just the only scheme they could think of?