Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That line about Ari and offhand wondering if she celebrates Halloween in New Zealand made Gabi seem like she never talks to her own daughter.  It's very strange how disconnected Gabi always seems from her child.  It's a strange take on a character that was devastated over the fact she couldn't have more children after her jail stint, which Ron wrote as well I think.

• Members

Yep. This had to be a Jamey episode. The worst ones always are.

Guy isn’t fit to write restaurant menus, let alone a soap. 

This is what happens when you hire someone for no reason other than the fact that they kiss your ass. Ron deserves firing just for that alone. 

Hopefully, Janet does something about that because even though the toxicity on set is gone, there’s clearly still a lot of toxicity in the writers room and that affects what happens onscreen. Besides, it’s been 6 AND A HALF FRIGGIN YEARS!!!! Even if things were going good, it would be well passed the time for a change. 

I don’t even like Gabi and Stefan and I think they deserve better than this 

• Members

Hahaha 

Clearly, he doesn’t understand soap fans 

That’s part of the problem. I really feel that things would be better if they were just taken seriously, even this stuff with Rachel. But it’s always gotta be treated like a big joke, which is what’s toxic to me. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

You know, I watched A Virtual Garden of Eden and still had some faith in this show.  Today was just one of those episodes where I can't believe I still tune in.  It's too bad because this is one of those days you really could see how toxic and awful the show has become.

• Members

Agreed that there is clearly a difference between writing a joke that isn't very funny, and presenting an offensive image of a child with black eye makeup use to entrap her mother into abuse charges.

Also, I think there's a difference between putting two consenting adults in a sheet costume, and exploiting a child actress by involving her in such a distasteful scenario. 

This is a soap that has done serious stories about domestic abuse, and now they are making a mockery of the issue.

• Members

I guess Days has finally reached the depths of hell with the playing of Stabi gives Rachel a little girl who has been very messed up by her parents, a black eye in the name of having her say her mother abused her. What in the living hell? Who pea brained ass thought this was even worth the paper it was written on. Insulting Offensive as hell.

• Members

Here's the thing, Kirsten knew that Dimitri was going to shoot Stefon and Gabi, so they could've just used that information to blackmail her. This whole idea of falsifying abuse charges is unnecessarily polarizing.  I mean, Rachel has rejected Brady, so it is even more cruel to manipulate the situation to force them together. 

• Members

Not much happened today, but it was still quite an improvement over yesterday. Mostly, things were set up for future episodes and I don’t mind that.

I’m glad that the Kiriakis house is now going to have a big portrait of Victor because it definitely needs one lol. Too bad we don’t see the living room anymore, because thats where it really belongs. 

I’m liking this Chad and Stephanie stuff but I still feel like it’s about a year too late. This all needed to happen a while ago, when Alex was still in the picture. It would have been much better conflict than Phonegate

Please register in order to view this content

I liked Maggie/Xander too but their scenes felt a little rushed, which is one of the biggest problems on the show right now. Their scenes should have taken up the whole episode and the scenes of Xander with Alex and Theresa, which I thought were good as well, should have taken place in tomorrows episode. 

Again, there’s a lot of stuff going on right now that I like. It’s the execution of it all that’s often terrible. There are so many big secrets building right now and I really hope it isn’t all rushed and squandered. Or bogged down by stupid crap, like we saw yesterday. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I am now gratified by ONLY ONE THING about this Stabi Fakes Abuse on Rachel s/l & that is everywhere DAYS fans are in solidarity in that they absofrackinlutely  HATE IT! 

minor actress  Kristen wouldn't do it  makes a mockery of serious abuse s/ls  false reporting of abuse is non-existent  in the worst possible "taste".  did not know we could all agree! 

• Members

I just read a supposed spoiler about tomorrow & about Stabi & about Kristen & it said nothing. 

Spoiler

Now it teased that Stefan & Gabi finally have a big win. Then it goes on to also tease that Kristen cause someone to have hell to pay. So we're at least not going to have to wait long for this tasteless mess to be over & done with. 

Don't you just hate it when that's what is contained in a supposed spoiler. 

• Members

I think they refreshed the Theresa wig because it looks less shiny, and the roots are less noticeable. 

Is it foreshadowing or just bad taste that Alex and Xander both decided to wear purple suits today?

Also, it's my age-old question, what time of day is it in Salem?  They're having lunch, but the kids are back from school, and suddenly Kayla is back at work. 

And where did this turtle plotline come from?

Edited by j swift