Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah… Leo just needs to die. Hopefully Janet makes it happen.

I’m so tired of him. And I’m getting really tired of soaps and soap writers who have such raging hard ons for the worst characters on their shows. It’s just such a fucked up message to convey.

Emily O’Brien did really well today, but of course, her performance had to be cut short due to the hard on for Leo. 

I did like Shawn/Jada today though. She was actually nice

Please register in order to view this content

They really should have explored some kind of relationship between Shawn/Jada. That was a missed opportunity. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The most shocking part of today's episode is that Shawn is still a cop.  How have they not fired him, given that he's been drunk on the job twice?

Also, Gabi is remarkably calm for a woman who has been threatened by a gun for the second time this year.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Agree completely. We've been given ZERO reason to care bout Leo. He's an awful, selfish human being without humanity for anyone but himself. Am I supposed to love him because he gives us gay quips???

Leo has ruined the Dimitri character for me. I was excited to see Peter Porte on the canvas, but what they've done to him is horrific, to the point that I don't care if he lives or dies.

• Members

Agree 100%

Who would’ve thought that a relationship with Leo would be more character assassinating then trying to kill every Days character in Beyond Salem

It just sucks because Peter Porte is so talented, and charismatic. And just so friggin gorgeous  

He has such an amazing acting range and can play pretty much anything they give him and they give him this.

You’re right. In some ways, it would be better for everybody if Dimitri was killed off. But as much I love Pandrew, an Andrew and Dimitri pairing is still my dream storyline 

Worst gay soap character ever.

Unpopular opinion, but even worse than Daniel Colson on OLTL

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

This London stuff could be so much better than what it is, but it was nice to see Tripp basically telling Rafe what a lousy cop he is

And now that Tripp is in London, this would be a really good time for Wendy to have some scenes with Johnny. 

Shawn/Belle was the best part of today though. I felt we really got good insight as to the way each character was feeling. Martha and Brandon did really well too

But at the same time, I also gotta say, Belle…

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

His acting is just average for me. His charm and looks makes him appealing. His acting was bad in the Hallmark movie he was in last month.

Andrew is the only one that can save Dimitri but why would Andrew even give him the time?

Of course Ron already has them set up to be a couple. Dimitri kidnapped Andrew and on Days the person kidnapped falls in love with their kidnapper.

• Members

Did anyone else think the scene between Marlena & Talia was very strange?! How is it she concluded Talia had slept with Shawn? Belle told her that Shawn had crashed at Jada's and Talia told her she got drunk & slept with a married man? Was that it? Sometimes Salem is far too small a town! I was surprised she didn't give Talia a referral. 

So, Andrew as savior? Do we have any reason to think the show would book him some more episodes?

Do we know anything about Martha's schedule? 

I'm very annoyed at seeing EOB in the credits for both roles! 

I think PP is a better than average actor & then he is amazingly good-looking but his character is an absolute skeeze.  

I am so tired of Leo that I'm tired of saying so! 

• Members

Well, have you seen Dimitri?

The story writes itself: after Leo dies (for real, no chance of coming back) Andrew (after breaking up with Paul) moves back to Salem on an ISA mission determined to take Dimitri down. So, Dimitri then starts plotting to take Andrew down. Eventually, they realize that even though they dislike each other, they’re also attracted to each other. And you play that tension between the two of them for all that you can. 

Or even better, have it be revealed that Andrew and Dimitri did have a relationship when Dimitri was in the ISA and that he feels that Andrew is the one that got away. Which could explain why he was so “in love” with Leo: because he was trying to get over the true love of his life