Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep, that's it. Option 2. It is even better. 

Yeah, that's what I was concerned about. She really was judgmental & then she let Talia leave without giving her a referral. I wasn't shocked that she put 2 and 2 together. And, she didn't even try to smooth over what was an uncomfortable confrontation. Bedside manner score a double F! 

• Members

I agree it was pretty easy to connect the dots between Talia's story and Belle's retelling of Shawn's story.  Marlena's not stupid.  Although, I rarely say anything bad about Marlena, I really didn't like her confrontation with Talia.  I don't have an extensive knowledge about therapy or HIPPA, but couldn't Marlena have suggested a new therapist and said the whole situation was a conflict for her and leave it at that?  Instead, she was weirdly judgey and berating Talia (a troubled girl in her 20's) and it felt way more unprofessional than Marlena's usual antics.  Talia made a big mistake, but I don't think she needs to be harshly judged by her own therapist.  It was very out of character for Marlena because she is usually much more understanding.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I could see Marlena getting irritated if Talia was gloating or dreaming of some sort of future with Shawn, but it was clear she felt awful, knew she made a mistake, and was not going to put herself in that position again.  So Marlena was basically just making Talia feel worse than she already did.  Marlena was more upset with Talia than Belle was which is just so strange.  The last few episodes were weird with Marlena starting with gossiping about Vivian with Kate.  Are Kate/Marlena THAT close?  And does Marlena even care about Vivian?  

• Members

The opposite side of the query is equally valid.  Why would Talia confess to Marlena? 

They're not particularly close.  She knows Dr. Evans is Belle's mother.  And she could have confessed to either Kayla or Sloan if she needed to talk to someone other than her sister.

Also, did I miss something?  Why did Jada return from England before Rafe (who stupidly believes that he has any more jurisdiction than Tripp in a foreign country - the dude works for a small town police department, not Interpol)?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Today was exciting, with a magical "poof" the Ava and Harris situation is resolved.  It was one of those episodes where it feels like eight million things are happening in order to suddenly move a story that they realized has been languishing for too long.  As if someone from production suddenly figured out that Chloe's contract is ending.  So, they told the writers that they have two scenes in order to justify her leaving Salem.  And they just decided to avoid logic, or prior storytelling, and make it work (i.e. - Is Leo the only one still working at The Spectator?)

BUT

Why has EJ gone from the unwitting victim in the Nicole/EJ/Eric/Sloan quad to this suddenly evil guy overnight, except to justify how Nicole will seek comfort from Eric?  It seems completely out of character.

The block taping schedule was never more obvious this week, given that Vivian shot Dimitri in the same living room on Monday as EJ had his scenes today, but he seems totally unaware that anything occurred.

Also, I know it has been years, but I don't buy the maternal bond between Tripp and Ava.  Somehow, Allison Sweeney was able to pull off seeming like a mom to Will, who looked about five years younger than her (hyperbole).  But, Ava doesn't look or act like Tripp's mother most of the time.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Today was another one of those weird ones. I really hate when they time jump in the middle of an episode. If I wanted prime time pacing, I’d watch a prime time show.

And I’ll never understand why a show that’s written and taped so far ahead of time always has exits that feel so rushed. 

I don’t mind EJ taking a darker turn, but I agree with @j swift it was so sudden and random. That should have been the storyline from the very beginning, or at least held off until EJ found out he wasn’t the father of the baby. You can say the same thing about Chloe and her sudden, random renewed feelings for Philip.

And maybe I’m nitpicking about this one, but if Edmund was holding everyone hostage in his apartment, why did Harris come bursting through the apartment entrance door?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247