Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've watched all of Louise Sorel's run. It was too short for me, as a fan, but if that's the kind of schedule she would commit to, I'll take it. They certainly did not waste a single episode she was in.

This Teresa recasting is so bizarre and seems spiteful on the part of the former producer. 

Writing out Gwen, right as she starts to thrive as a character, is frustrating. And all of this sacrificing being done at the alter of Leo, a character who should have been a 6 week arc at best. Hopefully changes behind the scenes will dictate his exit because it feels like he's swallowing the show and he's odious. 

The Maggie/Alex scenes made sense to me. There have long been widows who want to run their late husband's company, without any background to do so, because they see it as the husband's legacy. 

• Members

No. At, I believe, 2 points we had an inkling. I can't back this up with cites or say who said what. Within the first 3 months someone from Peacock said we were in their top ten. At that point we would have been part of a big wave of new subscribers. Later it was said that we had slipped & weren't that good anymore. I realize that that is lame. I'd love to have access to numbers. It's just not gonna happen. 

• Members

@Skylover Yeah, as we learned from the WGA strike, streaming services often don't release audience numbers either publically, or to productions, in order to maximize their bargaining leverage.  And, of course, because it is funded both by subscriptions and advertising, the old network ratings rubrics are not as important for making scheduling decisions. (great screen name BTW)

@DaytimeFan I would argue that peak Gwen was when she took over The Spectator and was in scenes with Xander.  That was a fun time for the character, but it was dropped quickly.

Are Tate and Dick Van Dyke going to double up in Rachel's room at Marlena's townhouse?

And where's Theresa going to live while visiting Salem?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Well, I am flabbergasted. In 2 lines of dialog from Maggie they just changed the canon on Mike Horton's paternity. Laura & Bill had an affair?!!! Not Bill raped Laura? Now, it's not that the story of Mickey being Mike's father in any way that counted doesn't relate to Justin & Alex right now. It does. Oh my. Geeze Louise. 

• Members

Yeah… idk what to make of Emily O’Brien as Theresa. Idk if this was out of spite or petulance on the former producers part or just a failed attempt to be campy but as of now, I’m not a fan. In some ways, it didn’t even feel like that was Theresa we were watching. They spent years telling us about how she’s such a good mother, how she’s raising Tate on her own, etc., yet she barely gave him the time of day today. Idk what they’re trying to do, but hopefully it’ll get corrected, either in production or in the writing. 

One thing though, we got a little more evidence that what we all suspected about Alex may be true and I hope it is. That could all be a really good storyline if it doesn’t just become Alex propaganda. And it could have so many ripple effects on other characters and storyline as well. Btw, how the hell did Stephanie think Vivian was sitting in the chair when she could clearly see Alex’s head sticking up? If you’re gonna try to do that chair turn reveal, the chair’s gotta be much bigger

Please register in order to view this content

Also, welcome back to Salem, Tate! I like that Tate is messy and that he’s going to have to work at the Pub. I’m looking forward to this storyline and I hope it’s done well. He could be the catalyst to push some storylines along as well. And the actor playing him seems alright so far. But why did they dress him like Freddie Smith’s Sonny?

And, I liked the Maggie/Justin scenes and her telling him about Mickey and Mike as a way of comforting him and giving him hope, but yeah, Bill and Laura did not have an affair. It was rape. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

WHOA! I mean, that would be so awful. This was a DavdK daily script & I tend to think of him as very historically accurate. 

One thing I do not like in the revisionist history is it makes Laura a wrong-doer.

To the rest of the day I appreciate the setup with Tate & am not surprised at all that Brady & Teresa are not used to co-parenting in real time. I wonder how much property damage can be done just by having things get wet? 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
typos are always with us