Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

So, Kate mentions Ava’s mob ties but Ava can’t use those mob ties to kill Clyde and this new douche at the bistro? Whatevs 

A very pet heavy episode today; some I like, some I just flat out despise. Btw, it’s so easy to get a job in Salem. You’d think it would be just as easy to find a place to live

Please register in order to view this content

I’m kind of interested by this Harris/Kate relationship. I don’t ship them as anything, but idk, I just find it interesting. They had some nice scenes today. I also find Harris/Jada interesting too, especially now that they’re partners. Maybe they could be what Shawn/Jada should have been. 

I still say that Tripp/Wendy should have their own storyline and not just be secondary in Ava’s. 

As for the worst storyline on the show right now, all I have to say is #PoorPeter 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I understand what you are saying about Harris/Kate.  I think LK just in general seems to play Kate like she's hitting on every man she interacts with that she's not related to, but Kate/Harris is a lot more interesting and natural than Marlena's love of Harris.   It's a friendship I understand because I see why Kate likes him.  

• Members

Love the new moniker! 

So, today's show, people who are not open to Ava being more than one dimensional & currently being a victim of Clyde's definitely hated today's show. But, TB was great today & the end shot on her face, faced with a dilemma was magic.

Leo & Dimitri, in matching ugly green motel robes, counting their pennies & discovering they have 14 bucks, trying to be lovers on the run, just bo-ring, over them so far so deep so long! 

Harris & Kate at the pub. She's got a lot of nerve trying to warn him off Ava. He's got his lies down pat with "just friends". They're having him say "police academy" at least once a day. Met his new partner, Jada, and they're now swaggering in Horton Square. 

Immediately they spy Ava with Thug of the Day. Ava's just counter-suggested she get her cousin Angelo to come up with someone to be Clyde's outside drug partner. 

I actually liked the show today. 

Before I forget to mention it, there was a stunt shift in today's show. They're just going wild with this device. Wendy & Tripp in bed, making out, just sheets & tops of naked shoulders & heads, scene continues & the bodies sit up & it's Leo & Dimitri. Cheap shot, right?

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
just had a thought

• Members

When Clyde was out on parole and dating Nancy, he had to fence Abigail's bracelet in order to make money.  How does he suddenly have enough power to run a drug ring from prison?

Also, wasn't there a thing about the guy from Million Dollar Listing LA, who played the failed business contact of Alex, doing drugs in the bathroom of The Bistro?  Is that how long things have been shady there?

• Members

Now I actually googled searched Brandon Barash's wife 

Please register in order to view this content

She doesn't look super young or anything.  I know that means nothing but I was expecting some child bride with these comments 

Anyhow, today's show was a chore.  I know everyone hates Leo, but GR is a pretty striking looking guy.  So is Peter Porte.  Noticeable on the streets I'd assume. Does he really expect him and Dmitri to not be noticed by wearing sheets?  I know it's Rafe on the case, but c'mon!

• Members

EOB is not working as Theresa -- not at all.

She's too one-note and hard, without any of Jen Lilley's vulnerability. I don't know if she can do justice to this role, regardless of her acting abilities. It's not her accent (which goes in-and-out for me), but the entire package.

It all sounds sweet, but it's all so surface-level. Everything is nice and good, and Janet Drucker cares and is sweet and makes everyone comfortable and brings light to the show.

What does any of that mean? They're really saying nothing at all.

• Members

I agree with you about EOB as Theresa 100%.  You said it well.

As far as Deidre and Drake, they have never given any information or interviews that weren't surface level.  Maybe Deidre was slightly more willing to in the 80's or 90's, but it does seem like this is going to be the obvious spiel.   It may or may not be true, but those two have been toeing the party line for a long time now.

• Members

I think they're saying that things bts have now stopped feeling very awful & now are feeling very good. I think they're trying to get across that they're relieved. I didn't get surface level from it. I found it to be quite deep. I think they know that we know that they were not safe & now are. 

Sure, I know it might not be true. They might be shining us on. That could always be true. I guess I just choose, for now, to believe it. It is the kind of thing I've been hoping we would hear. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more