Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

DEIDRE HALL & LAUREN KOSLOW HIT HIGHEST MONTHLY TOTAL FOR ANYONE SINCE 2020...HALL TIES HER HIGHEST MONTHLY RANKING SINCE 2018...LAUREN KOSLOW TIES HER MOST EPISODES IN A MONTH SINCE 2013...

Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Lauren Koslow (Kate) are the first "Days" actors to appear in 16 episodes in a month in over three years, since Lindsay Arnold (Allie) appeared in 17 episodes in July 2020. Hall last appeared in 16 episodes in August 2018. She last appeared in at least 17 episodes in a month in February 2008. Meanwhile, Lauren Koslow (Kate) last hit that mark in December 2013. Koslow last appeared in at least 17 episodes in a month in September 2010. Both actors have a chance to extend their October appearances with two more episodes airing on October 30 and October 31.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I bet Camila could give a juicy exit interview, (if there's anywhere to publish that sort of thing anymore).

However, I tend to think that other variables, like the budget restrictions on raises, seeking outside opportunities while she is still marketable, and the draconian work schedule were also are at play.  After all, it is unlikely that she read a bad script and quit, because as mentioned by @AbcNbc247 the character has done many unsavory things that I'm sure were humiliating to play on screen.  And, given other actors who have spoken out without consequences, it seems silly to attribute this offensive story idea to any issues regarding her status.

Personally, I don't want to give the writers the grace to assume that they wrote it for any other reason than a lack of taste and sensibility.

Edited by j swift

• Members

That was what I said when someone replied that they were of the opinion that it was punitive. And, specifically in their opinion she decided to leave & then they wrote this crap for her to have to play as she approached her exit. Given all we know about the Alarr Monster I can certainly imagine him taking out on someone via script. 

There was an incident where an extra bedsheet was supposed to be in place to add some "cover" for the actress & it was missing & some people think that was a Camila/Remington sex scene. 

Like I said I pretty much consider all theories! I really wish someone would write this as a tell-all! 

We would not know if there had been consequences. 

• Members

I wonder if we'll get the standard Instagram/Notes app post saying goodbye to the fans?  That seems de rigeur these days, but I don't follow her or even know if she has a social media account.

EDIT: I checked and not only was she able to score the mononym Camila on Instagram, but at 156,000 followers she has more than three times the audience of SOD, which is all the more reason not to give them an exit interview. She'd literally be giving it away for free, when she could monetize that exit like a boss.  Also, her reels on the lack of craft services backstage at DAYS are amusing.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I really didn't mind today's episode.  

I am glad Marlena said what she did.  I wish John was there because I think John's words tend to get through to Brady better. 

The ending did make me think it was Abby especially if I was entirely unspoiled.  The scenes between Chad/Stephanie today were the first time I felt AK's Stephanie had depth.  She's always been a standard, bland heroine since her return and I liked her dialogue today a lot.

And I always love flashbacks!!!  

As far as CB, she's made some statements that were vague but pointed before. This is also like the 5th time she and Days have parted ways and she has always come back pretty quickly.  I don't think she wants to burn that bridge entirely. 

• Members

Today was good but very clumsy.

I liked a lot of scenes and storylines featured today but all of this really needed to be established already. Literally every single character that had a problem today was pretty much completely fine the last time we saw them. This was particularly true for Li and Nicole. Again, this kind of ties into what I’ve been saying about long term plotting.

Plus, welcome back to Salem, Blake Berris

Please register in order to view this content

Everett’s explanation was clunky af, but I’m still looking forward to this storyline. And I’m glad that other characters are going to be weaved into it. This could end up being a pretty good mess. 

But yeah, we definitely didn’t need that stupid ass exchange between Everett and Gabi. 

• Members

I don't recall Li being completely fine. Of course, we also haven't seen him in ages. Last time he wasn't in crisis but he wasn't a happy camper either. Trying to remember, wasn't he fooling around with Melinda? 

I wish I understood what the show is doing having Marlena & Kate on every single day. I like it fine but it's weird. 

I was just glad Stephanie finally said his name. When he said he loved her as much now as he did the day he left for the Post Ofc, I wondered if we were meant to think, Shades of Neil Curtis and Don Craig!

I loved Nicole's line, "I'm not getting married on Halloween." But, I pretty much loved all her dialog, holding EJ's feet to the flames. 

Everett, running into Stefan & Gabi, awkward. 

• Members

Yeah, and it ended when he found that she was only trying to get a confession out of him. But he was trying to move on from Gabi.

If anything, he should have actually started to develop feelings for Melinda but started to go nuts after he found out she was using him and in his crazy mind, would have blamed Gabi for everything.

Because she does make pretty good choices a lot of time… especially when they’re not forced on her by the head writer or the ex-producer

Please register in order to view this content