Y&R October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Abbotts are far more interesting to me. The Newman drama feels like we've seen it a thousand times. Everyone complaining about Adam, for example. Nate and Victoria are the only somewhat interesting part to me, and that's entirely because of Nate.

The whole Nick/Sally/Adam is a snoozefest for me which is a shame since I like CH, but she's gotten saddled by this story.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

10-9

I feel that the writers are definitely more invested in the Abbotts than the Newmans and it shows. Cuz look at this wedding!!! I felt everyone were more dressed to the nines than they were at the bicennetial by a mile. I loved Traci in that red. Diane's gown was breathtaking. Nikki Nikking-in in that nice number with the new girl who was also dressed to kill. So was Summer. And Mamie was bringing the regal classy...so much better than her other dress for the anniversary. 

And then on 10-6, it felt like there were some interesting camera angles foreshadowing a lot. Are they really trying to set up Jack/Diane/Billy because Billy kept giving these questioning looks? People picking up on Summer's feelings for Chance? 

And yessssssssssssss to Mamie checking Devon and Lily and putting them on notice about Nate. THIS was what I was expecting. I do hope they can bring up the hypocrisy of Devon while they are at it. Definitely the part of the storyline that I've been waiting for. 

As someone who was intrigued in spite of myself with Adam/Sally/Nick right up until the pregnancy, yeah that storyline is dying with a whimper. 

Where are they trying to go with Danny and Phyllis? And that talk of Christine? Would they dare turn Phyllis pyscho again? 

• Members

I feel like we've seen Nick and Adam fighting over the same woman waaay too many times. It would have been so much more interesting if it had been a Nick/Sally/NOAH triangle. I feel like Rory Gibson (not to mention the character of Allie) was never given a real chance. I think they keep trying to do "younger" stories with Nick and not letting the character mature, so there's not much of a place for Noah.

• Members

I’m almost feeling like there isn’t a place for Nick anymore. He’s been essentially drifting for the better part of 15 years. He’s never made sense at Newman. His bar and Dark Horse were massive failures. He hasn’t had a successful pairing since Phick 1.0 and the repairings with both GT and MS have all flopped. His kids have no place on the show except for Summer, whose relationship with her mom drives more story for her. He’s the dictionary definition of a character that’s coasted. Everyone just wants him back with Sharon. I personally think he’s taking up space and money on a show that could use more dynamism, especially in his age group.

• Members

10-11

I wish I could say that I feel sorry for Kyle, but he's been such a prick as of late that I have no problem with Audra using him. Perhaps he will get so hurt and try to get back with Summer...only to see her off with Chance. 

I continue to love all the Abbott intrigues. So we are going to get Kyle vs Billy. Talk about Old Generation vs New. I'm here for it. And seeing a hint of old Diane.

Was that a hint of repairing Jack and Phyllis cuz...NO.

Yeah, I definitely like Tucker back in scheming mode though. More in character. And yeah, these latest scenes with Audra were good.

MG has been looking a whole dish as of late with that scruff and I admit I awwww at him, Danny, and Phyllis together. 

• Members

In no universe is it believable that Mamie would go into business with Tucker McCall.

This is vintage Josh Griffith: create a story with tons of potential...and then sink it. This is such sh_it writing that I have no other words for it, and actually makes me angry.

I cannot think of even one storyline that Josh Griffith hasn't ruined.

• Members

Definitely raising my hand as someone more into the Abbott’s than the Newmans. They seem incapable of really giving the Newmans anything to do for long that isn’t the exact same story they always have.

Also I much prefer Nate’s usage now than in previous years where he was literally an after thought. The Devon/Nate rivalry is the best thing to happen to both characters in years.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I haven't watched the last couple of episodes but I think it would have been more natural had Mamie been lunching with Nate and mentioning she had some money to invest and he suggested buying out Victor, orchestrating it through Victoria. Mamie would perhaps know that Nate left Chancellor-Winters on bad terms, but without knowing the full extent of his betrayal. Then Lily and Devon could still be blindsided, and always worry that Mamie's decisions are influenced by Nate, while Nate would claim he's just trying to help his great-aunt.

• Members

I was fine with the Kyle story until yesterday. We AGAIN got a parent/company owner who INSISTS on his kid "starting at the bottom," and that's just ridiculous.

Doesn't Victor do this all the time? And what does it even mean???

Jack sided with SUMMER over Kyle when he kept her to run Marchesa and moved Kyle. This made sense? He blames Kyle for making bad decisions, while he makes plenty of his own.

Why the hell would Kyle want to start at the bottom??? I can't blame him if he now wants to take down his pathetic father.