GH: Former OLTL'er Reprising Role!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a sinking feeling Blair will turn out to be MEK's secret ex-wife or whatever. Which, okay, but why?

I am sure they will do a dumb scene with Roger, since they keep bringing Patrick Gibbons/Sam Manning (who bless him, cannot act) back for him too. I will be more amazed if they indicate any respect for post-FV/RC OLTL continuity. Granted the Hulu revival was relatively obscure and short-lived, I wouldn't lean heavily on it for story, but the show going on without Frank and Ron was very personal and bitter for them at the time, and it showed onscreen in the 'dueling Pickle Lilas' storyline on GH.

• Members

There are plenty of former AMC actresses that would have made sense for Jackson to be representing. I myself was hoping for a Tasia Valenza (Dottie) or any of the 100 former Michael E. Knight co-stars in the ex-wife role.

I forgot all about Melador as well.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Post-Hulu and pre-#MeToo, I always said that in theory I wouldn't have an issue with Todd and/or Blair coming in and out of the show either solo or as a package to mix things up and make trouble like Skye's later short-term stints, or when GH brought Marco Dane on in the early '90s. I thought that kind of short crossover for troublemaking characters was worthwhile and I thought Todd functioned well on GH as the local muckraker and shít-stirrer. But I also always said that in order to even begin to consider bringing OLTL characters back GH would have to have reestablished a firm foundation again without a bunch of OLTL or other soaps' characters/castoffs still on the show dominating airtime.

That was ten years ago and it hasn't happened yet, and bringing OLTL characters on for real stints would only pull more focus. Plus #MeToo has since rendered Todd radioactive and unusable. And while I don't mind when Nora or Jack Montgomery or whoever appear briefly, it really doesn't help GH. Nora and Blair were both favorites of mine, but how does it service GH? It doesn't, it's just Frank unable to let go.

Edited by Vee