• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

ARLEEN SORKIN

IN LOVING MEMORY

OCTOBER 14, 1955-AUGUST 24, 2023

(Calliope Jones, 1984-1990, 1992, 2006, 2010)

8eb79942c9a338c2e8b8f487e933327c257c2792

"Days of Our Lives" actress Arleen Sorkin has passed away. Sorkin died on Thursday, August 24, per The Hollywood Reporter. She was 67.  Sorkin played the lovable Calliope Jones on "Days of Our Lives" from 1984-1990 and in return guest stints in 1992, 2006 and 2010. She was paired, for most of her run, with John de Lancie's Eugene Bradford, providing "Days" fans great comic relief during the late 1980's. The duo appeared on an episode of "The Newlywed Game" (on "Days") in 1986. Calliope memorably had her dog, Martha, have a dog wedding in 1987. Her performance in a fantasy sequence on "Days of Our Lives" in February 1989 inspired the creation of the DC comics character Harley Quinn, a role Sorkin would later voice on "Batman: The Animated Series" from 1992-1994. Sorkin co-hosted "America's Funniest People" from 1990-1992 and was a co-writer of the 1997 Jennifer Aniston movie "Picture Perfect." She was nominated for two supporting actress Daytime Emmys in 1988 and 1989 for her role as Calliope, and won four Soap Opera Digest Awards. She leaves behind her husband, Christopher Lloyd (the co-creator of "Modern Family", not the actor) and her two sons, Eli and Owen. For more, read Hollywood Reporter's obituary: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/arleen-sorkin-dead-days-of-our-lives-harley-quinn-voice-1235575529/

• Members

RIP Arleen, 67 is way too young these days I just adored her as Calliope, such a fun character that daytime doesn’t do anymore at all. I was a bit disappointed that her 2006 return wasted her, but enjoyed that 2010 return where she was on the run with Anna—Hurley and Sorkin played that perfectly.

• Members

ADDITIONAL TIE-IN BETWEEN "DAYS" CHARACTER CALLIOPE AND DC COMICS CHARACTER HARLEY QUINN...

I was just told this "fun fact" I did not know. Harley Quinn, who was inspired by "Days of Our Lives" character Calliope Jones (the late Arleen Sorkin) has a pet monkey whose name, in tribute to the inspiration, is Calliope! For more, read here: https://dcsuperherogirls.fandom.com/wiki/Calliope

• Members

And it being MS it made me wonder if she really was a Lyme Disease sufferer or if it was just hard to diagnose MS. 

With Nancy Frangione I had to read Stephen Schnetzer's tribute & with Arleen it was amazement from Dana Delany! 

Oh, yeah, I am in love with this pic that her husband took! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges