DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Members

Soaps are the one area of Hollywood where there are no repuccusions for anybody except the actors. I think the investigation results pissed them off enough not to care, but realistically, had they said anything before (which I'm sure some have), they would've been fired and blacklisted. This happens on all the soaps for many reasons. As we see here, Hollywood and the union isn't going to help you. These soap actors pay the same dues, but they're on their own. 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The general shoulder shrugging this story has gotten from Corday, SAG/AFTRA and the industry as a whole is really disgusting. I figured with this production model the show had to be pretty nasty BTS but this is insane. The fact Alarr has been able to get away with this crap for years even post Me Too era is ridiculous. Ken, Sony and NBC Universal should be ashamed of themselves, SOD as well for their lack of coverage. Very proud of Ari Zurker and the entire cast and crew that have spoken out and hope they not only fire him but reroute the hr, pr and production issues.

• Members

I agree! Even if they didn’t feel safe enough to go to their union themselves, there is certainly no ignoring the story and issues now! Are none of the DAYS actors a union rep?  I know way back in the day Francis Reed was.

Another thing I hate for these folks is the idea that they may have kept silent to protect the show, especially as it declined in ratings and they were concerned about their jobs and those around them who were not abusing them. That’s Sony and Corday’s job.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Well, at least now Fran Drescher who is herself a soap fan is fully aware. Found out she is now following a buddy of mine who excels at retweeting everything of consequence. He happened to have friends who were in leadership positions in SAGAFTRA & he had clued them in days ago & then all of a sudden Fran was following him. That is a bit of good news. 

• Members

When deadline dropped their initial article, I thought this was only going on the last 5-6 yrs. But once Farah came out and told her story which dates back to the early 00s and I believe Alarr started as a director for the show. The fact that Corday, Sony and NBC Universal knew this man had been doing this the entire time and instead of getting rid of him they kept promoting him is disgusting. I feel like I am watching a clock countdown and when it hits 0:00 something is going to happen but idk what. Are they going to fire Alarr or idk where the show is in their two year renewal but maybe Peacock might wait until they are almost to 2024 or a month into 2024 and call the show a waste with all the BTS drama and cut it. A renewal of two years isn’t promised when drama and bleeding money is involved. 

• Members

Yes. And he directed that movie Crystal & Jessica did, A Million Happy Nows. 

2015 DAYS co-EP

2020 Meng fired. 

No matter how little power he had in the beginning to how great is his power now, overall at DAYS 18 years. 

I've just now 2:30 Eastern talked to someone who works on the show. They have received no new orders. As far as they know, they report to work Monday morning, Aug. 7th. Their current hiatus runs through Sun., Aug. 6th. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
new info