Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew Gwen wasn’t gonna get any more  lovin’ once we found out about Dimitri #UncleRon

I wonder if this storyline was written in order to make fans actually like Gwen. Unfortunately, it’s not gonna work. 

And yeah, Alex still needs to get a clue. I just hope Stephanie keeps her intelligence up. And btw, both of the shirts he chose were ugly af

Please register in order to view this content

Not much happened with EJ/Nicole/Eric/Sloan but I did enjoy those the scenes, and the angst that all of them have. 

Hahaha my Days memories go back to when I was 3

My earliest memories are from Aremid. John and Marlena at Midnight Mass, Hope in the avalanche and her hand coming up out of the snow, etc. 

• Members

My BFF's first soap crush was Linda Grey's Sue Ellen. She was 6 at the time & that I can actually credit, but 3?!! Boy, you belong in Guinness Records! But classic Reilly is as good for DAYS as classic Bill Bell. Good memories. At 3 I was teaching myself to read off of cereal boxes & only interested in the commercials on TV, not the shows. I've been feeling very low because of Al Alarr & this has lifted me up! 

• Members

Dimitri is kind of like Paulina in that I keep asking myself, how do they fill their time?  They both seem like they were busy executives before moving to Salem, and now they have nowhere else to go during the day.  They managed large teams of people, and now they hardly make a phone call.

The EJ DNA story is being telegraphed a little too obviously.  But, it seems inconsistent that last week he was worried that he might not be the father, yet this week he seems oblivious, to the point of asking the doctor about the gender rather than the paternity of Nicole's baby.  Also, he's got three other kids, but doesn't he know that they'll need his DNA for amniocentesis?  Finally, it was funny that they didn't mention that EJ was unable to make the prior appointments because he had been kidnapped by his half-sister, and stuck in the cellar for two weeks with his aunt.

IRL, if they were having two weddings in your house (mid-week), would you schedule an appointment with your Ob-GYN for the same day?

• Members

Wednesday, July 26 - Nicole, terrible hair! (I'm going to start notating this!) 

Agree that both shirts were ugly. And, I do not understand why Steph wants to be friends with him. 

Loved Melinda Trask's trashing of Alex. 

Loved Nicole referring to Sloan as a tarantula. 

Gosh, I hope Dimitri is not thinking of making Gwen be celibate. 

Today is one of my random days I take note of the fulll writing credits & look to see if there's been any change. Today there was. Henry Newman was not listed today. 

• Members

I'm going to be disappointed if she doesn't make a statement. But, Sony is just their distributor. It's up to Corday to fire him. And, it may be up to Peacock to make him. Sony has no power, no authority, no ownership. 

There may be a problem with Peacock. Al has been the point man with Peacock ever since BS2. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more info

• Members

Could be, could also be like a lot of bullies Alarr knows who to suck up for and who he can abuse on set. It wouldn't surprise me if he has cast members he's playing nice with, especially those with imagined clout. I doubt we'll ever know.

• Members

You're right. This would make a great tell all memoir! If you've got to live through a horrid experience, get a good story out of it. 

At this point I am hoping that more people have made solid connections with Peacock. 

One of the directors is a friend & I've reached out to him just to say how sorry I am that they're all having to go through this. Just human to human. 

• Members

For some reason I remember hearing Deidre did not like Alarr on a different board and was very upset about Meng leaving.  Obviously, I don't know if that is true and I actually don't expect her to make a statement.  It would be nice if she did, but I actually don't expect anyone to on the cast to.  It's not their job and it's a pretty dicey situation when he's still actively employed. 

Anyway, today's episode was okay.  I actually did find the Ben/Trask/Li/True crime lady stuff funny and the last scene when Alex was asking Stephanie/Chad about his glasses was funny too.

I don't feel bad for Gwen exactly, but it's still a horrible thing to do to her.  It also makes me think Leo is a sociopath for going along with it.  So it's not making him look better.  There was a very real possibility she would have gone along with the plan if she was told the truth.  

ETA is did write Ben instead of Alex and I am just going to leave it there lol

Edited by carolineg