B&B June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Eric is so two-faced, lol! What he said to Brooke today is the same spiel he gave to Taylor about how they are meant to be with Ridge. I forgot how long ago that was, but it was around the time when all of Ridge's kids and grandkid's on Taylor's side of the family had this reunion of some sort at the Forrester mansion. I think Steffy was a little annoyed that Hope showed up, but given the fact that Thomas and Hope share a child together, I guess Steffy was okay for the most part, but a little annoyed. Anyway, it was around that time when Eric said the same spiel to Taylor. I hope I'm not mistaken, but then again, he could of said it to Steffy. Regardless, I remember him saying it.

I wonder why Steffy didn't tell Finn about her surprise kiss with Liam? For me, I don't think that I wouldn't have been that much of a big deal. She could've made it comical by bringing up how his horrible breath smelled like Redbull or Ranch Doritos. Seriously. I don't see the harm in sharing that with her husband. Who knows? Perhaps Finn would have given Steffy a "Dutch Oven" by trapping a fart while Steffy is underneath the covers.

Oh, wait. I see what's going on here. The writers are trying so hard to make Liam and Steffy's kiss a big deal too. Okay. Let's look and evaluate both of their kisses:

Aftermath of Thomas and Hope's Kiss: They toasted cheers over a shot of espresso.

Aftermath of Liam and Steffy's Kiss: They went back to Los Angeles in different private jets.

What's the big deal here? Am I too liberal with monogamous relationships or something? 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

Sheila broke out of jail and somehow got to Rome and snapped a picture of Liam and Steffy kissing?  I mean it was time for something like that from what I’m reading.  Why not have anyone, don’t even need to show who it is - or even know who it is at this point - someone shoulda gotten pics.  Tried and true blackmail, always a winner if you’re going to go down the same road repeatedly.  Don’t even need to plan who the blackmailer is for now.  Great way to introduce a new character too. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

I'm trying to remember what happened with Shelia and I'm assuming the conversation she had was with Finn's biological father. I can't think of his name right now, but this was for May Sweeps. So, if this was for May Sweeps, then why the Hope/Thomas overload and hardly any Shelia at all? Why not balance it out?

And if there are any shocking kisses that truly need to be talked about perhaps storyline-wise, why haven't they talked about Bill and Katie's kiss?  Was this ever brought up? Did I miss an episode? Does Carter even know? 

Selfishly, I'd like an apology, lol! No, I know it's just a soap, but when storylines abruptly come and go and they don't add up, it makes me question if there's backstage drama that we are unaware of. 

I dunno. I'm so puzzled with this show.

• Members

Brad Bell is allergic to drama lol. 

Sheila admitted to killing Lance with the Bees after Bill and Ridge set up a plan for her(total rewrite), she's still in jail. Jack, Finn's dad, came to visit her wanting him to represent her, he's a criminal defense lawyer

Brad doesn't believe in balance, this is why ratings are in the toilet

I'm at the point, even as sick as I was of Sheila, I'd welcome her and Deacon back. Them and Sinn. Let it come out about Deacon harboring Sheila all those months, that would have been good drama for sweeps not this boring ass stuff we got with *gasp* Hallmark Hope holding hands with someone not her husband 

This show needs to kick some drama into gear. Not hypocritical waffling serial cheater Lame Spencer berating his wife for kissing Thomas after all the times he's cheated on her

I'm ready for Sinn vs Sheila again. This could lead into JMW maternity leave. Let Sheila kidnap Steffy and make everyone think she's dead or something

• Members

I didn't even know JMW was pregnant again, and I guess it just seems like yesterday when she had a baby. Wow. Time does fly, lol!

I'm a fan of female antagonists, but give me someone to root for and an antagonist that viewers will come to understand. Viewers may not like them 100%, but at least they'll have a different viewpoint. For example, I wanted to like Megan Hathaway on DAYS, but this part of me was hesitant and distrustful, given how villainesses are written in soap operas nowadays.

Going back to B&B, this show is so choppy, as recent events don't seem to add up, or potential storylines are not being introduced underneath the microscopic lens that they should. I'd love to see more of Don Diamont, Heather Tom, Jennifer Garseis, Sean Kanan, and the younger actors who seem to have vanished within the crimson sunset. The balance on this show seems nonexistent. I don't want to hear the excuse of it being a 21- to 22-minute show. 

• Members

This doesn't bode well Steffy didn't tell Finn about the kiss, like you said Bell has to drag this out and is probably saving the Steam bombshell for when Jacqui goes on maternity leave.  I don't think the kiss was that big of a deal, it was spontaneous, it's not like Liam and Steffy are longing for each other.  But it's the fact Steffy didn't tell Finn, I think he would be "okay" if Steffy just told him.  But we know these things have a way of coming out, and like Fevuh mentioned, I'm thinking someone snapped a photo of the kiss.  I was thinking the paparazzi, but that would be delicious if it was Sheila, somehow.

• Members

Jeff it's not even a "Steam kiss" given it was one sided and forced and Steffy looked like she wanted to vomit after lol

I think it comes out in about a week given

Please register in order to view this content

and it's not like Finn would be mad at Steffy, maybe just for not telling him right away but he'll want to break LIam in half 

• Members

Today's stories featured have been done a million times with more at stake. There is nothing earth shattering that happened in Rome. There was two kisses and peep hole. All this repetitive drivel for nothing. Bradley is really stretching drama over a kiss. 

When Liam was screaming at Hope to say it repeat it...I was hoping she'd slap him good in the face.

I have no sympathy for Liam. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I actually tuned in after reading stuff on here because the only reaction I really wanted to see was Liam's, in case something should happen, I tuned in about 10 minutes left.  I thought Scott Clifton did great with the material.  

It has occurred to me for a few years though - Liam is really Ridge, Hope is really Brooke.  The relationships are the same.  And the characters are the same - and Steffy is Taylor -they never know who to put her with.  Finn is temporary, and this story will likely prove it.  Dishrag Ridge/Liam, Ho from the Valley always following her heart=Brooke/Hope.  Liam and his women, Ridge and his women.  Steffy and Taylor and their - men for right now.  And Finn will be the latest right now.  Until she decides Wyatt may not be so bad after all, and then that will be really Hope's true love again she'll decide.  Until they both have to have Liam again.  And on and on and on.  Finn will possibly knock Liam into next week - but Finn will get angry and get crazy - just like his Mom - and may be the reason she gets out of jail.  But Steffy/Hope/Liam is just like Taylor/Ridge/Brooke.  Throw in Deacon as a bone but it'll always be Brooke and Ridge in the end.  When there is a last show if they're all still here, the final scene no matter what will be Brooke and Ridge - and Eric just before the end, probably imagining Stephanie.  

Edited by Fevuh