General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dev should've crushed on Cameron, and that should have been why he didn't want him with Joss.

Mark Lawson & Emme Rylan had good chemistry, but so much missed opportunity with Dustin. I always sensed nefarious vibes from him in the beginning, like a teacher using his position of power over students in a not-so-safe-for-work type of way....

• Members

Dev should have done anything other than what he did after the show wasted so much time on him.

I honestly thought Mark Lawson and Josh Kelly were the same person for a long time and wondered why they brought ML back as Cody.  I swear.   When I first saw Cody I was like wasn't he Lulu's boyfriend already?

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I forgot the weird reason they gave why poor Dev lost his accent, lol.

I loved Mark Lawson on OLTL as Brody and I'll defend his honor. But he had no need to be on GH. Josh Kelly OTOH has a lot of possibility, Cody was just poorly introduced.

ETA: Please ignore the fact that I typed 'Josh Kelly' twice while defending these two actors not being interchangeable.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I believe you, lol!

I think that's the trouble with so many young actors on soaps today.  Many are so pretty and bland...and pretty bland.  They give nothing to the audience or even the writers, I'll bet, to sink their teeth into.

And right there, @Vee, you've just proved @carolineg's point, lol.

• Members

You're not allowed to read my posts before my edits! 

Please register in order to view this content

I think Mark Lawson gave a very visceral and heartfelt performance on OLTL but he had no purpose on GH other than for Frank to give more OLTL alumni jobs. Kelly I think has real charisma and fits in better. It's the indistinguishable Willow/Sasha unit I can't tolerate, along with cryin' Dex.

• Members

I think Dev was faking his accent and that's where the rumors started that he might be Sonny's long lost kid?  Idk, I clearly have no memory of that time lol

There are so many men on GH especially that seem exactly the same to me.  Michael and Dex look so much alike.  Obviously, I can tell them apart but if they started at the same time I would not be able to.

@VeeSasha/Willow still continue to be the same person even though they look nothing alike.  It's like each of them have half a personality, but even if they both merged their personalities into one it still wouldn't be exciting.

• Members

You make a good point, @Vee, especially about Josh's -- er, Mark's performance on OLTL.  That's what I mean when I say he really tries.  But I think it's hard to give good performances when your body is too stiff from working out that much.

Plus, I can't blame @carolineg for getting the two mixed up or thinking Frank had brought back Mark in a different role.  After all, it wouldn't be the first time he'd done such a thing.  (How many roles on GH have Michael Easton and Roger Howarth had anyway?  Have they set any records?)

• Members

You and @Vee watched OLTL much more than I ever did.  And to be fair, you all had to tell the Ford brothers apart, which I could never do.  So I am sure Josh Kelly and Mark Lawson are easy to identify after that.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wouldn't THAT be a "daytime first"?  Taking two indistinguishable and boring characters and literally merging them into one before our very eyes?  It's the kind of stuff that happens only on Joss Whedon's shows!

Nah, I couldn't tell the Ford brothers apart either.  John Wesley Shipp (ex-Kelly, GL; ex-Doug, ATWT; the original Flash on TV) played their dad for a semester, and I was like, "No way would he have fathered sons that bland-looking."  And the only way I still can tell Josh from Mark is that Josh has no ass (thank you, @DRW50).

Edited by Khan