Y&R April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nikki as a business woman was purely a plot point to be able to include her in scenes at NE, rather than develop any real story.

Original recipe Nikki had zilch interest in business and I'm sure she would have zoned out if Victor ever discussed it. And Victor pretty much regarded Nikki as a decoration and wouldn't have even thought to discuss his business strategies with her.

One problem for me is that after 40 years we still have no idea exactly what NE  does. There are vague references to real estate holdings  and I'm sure they have diversified interests but it's never explained.

Jabot was cosmetics which you could immediately hook into. I could imagine Nikki working there because it would suit her personality. Didn't they do astory in the 90's when Brad encouraged her to go into business and she found she had an aptitude for it and enjoyed it,

I guess I'm saying if they had  delved into it alittle deeper I could buy Nikki at NE.

• Members

Other than seeing Graz and Alison Lanier carrying the show this week, it’s hard to watch a love fest for Phyllis with this fake funeral. It be more interesting if Stark crossed Phyllis and Jack was implicated in her “murder” instead, but so far predictable paint by the numbers show stuff. 

• Members

Hehe...one of my favorite Victor/Tea scenes. 

Well at least until either JT turns up or that cameo next month...in case people don't visit the spoiler thread.  

4-7

I agree with what was said above. It was a good week but you can see them losing the momentum from the gala. However, it's Phyllis's kids carrying the week. And I find it fascinating. AL definitely was carrying, but MG was doing it in such a different, but subtle way. I did find myself nitpicking though because as much as I loved Neil...the scene where Lily got called by Danny to stay with Daniel and she couldn't mention Dru's death...there was an opportunity to mention the shared pain of losing their mothers...not just losing parents. They could have touched on that history. But alas.

Another thing I was nitpicking about was Chance. Abby had to let him know that Devon wants her and Dominic to move in. And during that scene...all I could think was...CHANCE, FIGHT FOR HER!!! Not because I have a horse in the race, but because there is still so much potential in a Devon/Abby/Chance triangle. While Devon/Abby have done the ILYs...I just cannot feel that Abby is just over it. And CF did a great understated moment when his emotions showed as Abby walked off...but she missed it. And what was that with Adam seeing Sharon with Chance and feeling some way?

Summer lighting into Diane....WOW. I can't wait until she realizes Phyllis is alive. AL's performance was going to be awesome.

Oh and so...we didn't get to see the Mamie brunch. THAT was disappointing. 

ETA: I forgot to mention...I LOVED Victor checking Victoria. Remind her why she has that CEO position...and he can snatch it right back. Tread lightly. LOL. Cute little scene. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I like Lucy’s cameo. She is a good younger actress. Perhaps she can be in a summer storyline.  I also loves that Lucy calls April “Mum.” It gives me hood that Vail will be back one day. 

Susan Walters is truly amazing. I remember how she was vilified in her first run, namely for replacing a popular actress. But she shines in every scene she is in. She is the lead actress on the show. Talk about a turn of fate. 

• Members

Yes, Josh is just tossing away months of story. Abby is on her second divorce and Chance is a very upright guy. I feel it would be natural for them to agree to a reconciliation on that basis alone-Abby not wanting to look foolish for walking out on her second marriage and Chance believing in upholding his wows.

Then deal with them trying to rebuild trust. Chance finding himself attracted to someone else and being confused, Abby and Devon trying to avoid each other. Dominic having a medical crisis etc etc

Old school 70's writing had couples going through all sorts of twists and turns before splitting up but these days its a few months of courtship, marriage and straight to the divorce.

• Members

Exactly! I know what Chance SAID, but that's not how Chance is ACTING. Even Nina mentioned it at the gala when she was talking about why Chance would rather be on a stakeout than see his mother...to avoid her...because he clearly still loves her. And issues aside, I still think Chance would try to fight for his marriage because he is an upright guy. So trying to see them rebuild trust would be interesting to see. They could even do it now with Sharon being the clear interloper. And they could play the Sharon/Abby history re: Scotty to be even more messier. And a medical crisis with Dominic would bring it all to a head.

Yeah...Chance/Abby had such a buildup. So it's sad seeing it go by the wayside so quickly. 

• Members

I despise that site so much! It's run by Richard Simms who used to be in charge of running Soaps in Depth. They post all this crap and people out there that take it as gospel sadly 

They don't, cause I see people take stuff from Celebrity Dirty Laundry as fact lol 

• Webmaster

Regardless of who's running it, my issue is that we're all competing for clicks and having to provide readers with a reason to read our articles, whether it's the same story read here or elsewhere. We have to build a form of trust that gives visitors a reason to keep returning. However, when you are posting entirely false things, such as "Daniel Goddard as EJ DiMera on Days of our Lives" and placing said story in your news section when it is more wishful thinking (aka wishful casting) than anything else, and said actor retweets said falsehood to gear up support from fans, you are playing with all types of fire. 

Now posting that B&B could save the Phyllis character, again, in your news section, when she isn't going to B&B, and the story is complete bullshit, all it tells me is your writers have nothing better to do/write about, so they have to create things out of thin air to generate a pageview.

I'm not being a "hater" I'm just pointing out how it looks.