Y&R April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For a show that once proudly touted Victoria Rowell and Tonya Williams’s NACCP Image Award wins with promos, this is downright pitiful and embarrassing, even though we shouldn’t be surprised. 

As for today 4/17’s episode, eh Phyllis killing Jeremy was pretty underwhelming. Again where is this story going? I’m not a fan of Y&R’s “framed for a crime” storylines as they can be agonizing to watch (remember JH Adam’s last 3 months?) with no real consequences.

Need to applaud Alison Lanier again, this time for her emotionally haunted and tortured Summer. And I like the vibe CF and AL have, enough for it to be a threat to MM’s Kyle. It’s too bad it’s over a phony murder mystery. 

• Members

It looks like Gary Tomlin hates Michelle Stafford, and is favoring Susan Walters big time. Phyllis has been ruined over this, and I've been a Phyllis fan for years.  They should've had Jeffrey forcing her to do all this all along it would ring more accurate with his death.   I wonder if Michelle Stafford is wanting to leave this show. I don't see her being happy with this terrible storyline.   

And yes, Jessica Collins or a re-cast should've been brought on as Avery for Phyllis's faux funeral.

• Members

Gary Tomlin? You mean Josh Griffith? 

Griffith was HW when Stafford was let go by JFP back in 2013. He was HW and Co-EP when the show let GT go in favor of getting Stafford back for a ratings/buzz ploy. It didn’t work, and with MS being lazy as ever Phyllis stopped getting stories and became comic relief running the Grand Phoenix.  GT had made Phyllis such a vibrant character again with connections across the show’s canvas, but all that got lost with MS’ return and the character became isolated, minus a miserably failed Phick reunion in 2021. 

The Diane story is probably the most interesting thing MS Phyllis has done in years, but there was some blind item rumor a while back about Stafford allegedly feeling threatened by the presence of Walters and Lanier on the show. 

Maybe Gina as Phyllis would have been a lot more suitable for this storyline but who knows for sure. I doubt Stafford is going anywhere anytime soon, and I fully expect  Phyllis to give some really, really nonsensical convoluted explanation to get Diane off the hook and for Phyllis to excuse her own choices/behavior. 

• Members

4-14

That was actually better than I thought it was going to be. But that might have been because AL and MG carried the whole faux funeral week. I've been enjoying Summer lighting into anyone she comes in contact with. And I loved how AL started the week looking so devastated and it carried over throughout the whole week even when she was spitting fire at everyone. I even saw a little bit of chemistry there with Chance. 

I was shocked at how much I loved the first episode of the faux funeral and how it was going. Which of course is going to make it all the more devastating when they all see Phyllis is alive. And her just in that corner smirking as the plan she set up started and Diane got arrested...ugh, bitca. lol.

Nate and Victoria...well...it's about time!!! And Audra at the door. And then Nick playing hypocrite and Victoria calling him out. But...when were Elena and Nick ever friends? In any case...how you get 'em is how you lose 'em. I guess.

And on a shallow note...that cameraman was working on them camera angles this week for Nate and Nick. THANK YOU. hehe. Honorable mention to Chance, too.

Please register in order to view this content