Y&R April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ashley and Tucker actually work this go around. I can’t wait to see the fallout from Tucker’s scheming. There is a real “will they/ won’t they” this go around. Who ever thought I could care about Tucker McCall?!

Danny really needs to make his cameos more frequent. I don’t think he needs to live in Genoa City. His father/son chemistry with Graz is so good. He is a sane foil to Phyllis. Especially with Diane in the picture, it would be nice to have Danny around to keep Phyllis grounded. He can be her “Lynn” while smouldering in his unrequited love for Cricket. 

Abby/ Devon - yawn! Good pairing on paper, bad in execution just because of their lack of chemistry. I think Abby needs a break with romantic pairings. Let her be a single mum and find a purpose in life away from another man. Maybe she can work at Crimson Lights and give her sister in law a break!

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I think something as easy at reintroducing the Y&R extreme closeup will help with making this show look less cheap and generic. 

The less of the cheap sets and bad costuming we see, the better…

JT has a tumour? Is this their attempt to wash away his sins? 

• Members

Yeah the show did that in March 2019 at the end of his reign of terror.

Transcript from March 26, 2019

Victoria: The bandage... what happened? What happened to him?

Nate: He underwent surgery. They removed a benign tumor that had been pressing against his frontal lobe.

Victoria: He had a brain tumor?

Nate: Yeah, it had probably gone undetected for years.

Victoria: Does he know? Has he -- has he woken up?

Nate: He's been in and out. He is aware of the surgery, and he knows the procedure went smoothly and his recovery is normal, so far.

Victoria: How long was he suffering for?

Nate: Probably quite a while.

Victoria: How long, though? Six months? A year? Two years?

Nate: I'm not sure.

Victoria: This tumor -- is it what changed him? I mean, is that why he did what he did?

Nate: In cases like this... the tumor could have caused a change in his behavior. Anger, mood swings, just...

Victoria: Violence.

Nate: They have been known to cause that, too, yes.

• Members

Well, I appreciate the reasoning behind writing JT so out of character. Of course, the more interesting part of the story would have been watching him recover and come to terms with his sins, but that would require some character-driven storytelling…

How much do you want to bet that when they find JT he will be shirtless somewhere. Maybe out in a cabin chopping wood? Or swearing after a heavy workout. This shows never needed an excuse to feature Thad Luckinbill naked. 

• Members

I haven't caught up on a Y&R thread in quite some time, but have we addressed the middle aged spread that seems to have come over Sharon Case's nose in recent times? It's strange to see such a change, especially watching the 50th Anniversary special and seeing flashbacks vs. present day. 

• Members

Love the way that Y&R saved a bundle by not actually showing the ambulance crash site!  Like, wouldn’t YOU want to go directly there if it was YOUR mom/friend/etc?

Do bodies really vaporize in ambulance fires? Or just on soaps?

Collins Road.  Sharon Collins commented that it was odd that the ambulance was in that vacinity. I guess she knows Her Road. 

Phyllis’ mask found on the floor. Obviously the source of any “poison” transmission.  Poisoned by Jeremy?  

We just had two actors playing one short-term villain (Ashland) and now we have another short-term villain.  Honestly, if Ashland and Jeremy had been combined, and Newman or Burgi was playing him, this story would be stronger, especially with Ash being Harrison’s grandfather and Victoria’s ex. 

Love the way Sharon is making Phyllis’ collapse all about HER. 

Lastly, can Phyllis return from the “dead” played by Gina Tognoni?