Y&R April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

4-17

OOoooooooooh...that's something I didn't think of...Chance/Summer/Kyle...? I could be down for that. And if they are keeping Audra in the loop, too...? Well, there was plenty of potential in this scene of Kyle coming across Summer with Chance...who had some chemistry in their bonding scene.

And I giggled at Victor being out of the loop with Nick/Sally/Adam. Victor knows EVERYTHING. How did THAT slide through the cracks? It was a cute little moment between him and Adam. 

Good acted or not...Jeremy...like Ashland...is just wasted potential now. And I had to RME as if Phyllis had not killed someone before.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree with this route. There are three strong actors in the role now. The chemistry between Chance and Summer has been strong. I think AL will frankly have chemistry with anyone based on her limited run to date.

The actor that plays Chance clearly has a comedic side, based on the BTS videos. His goofiness reminds me a lot of Chris Evans. I hope they let him lean into the comedy a little more. It's surprising that after decades on canvas, the character of Chance still seems like a blank slate. What is his personality? What is his motivation? Luckily, we now have an actor that I think can create something meaningful with the right writing.

The Billy/Kyle distraction scenes was a "nice try." It was something about the pacing/music. You did not get the emotional pay off of realizing Billy was just trying to help his nephew. This scene could have been memorable, if they gave it a chance to be done right.

Haha - I mean they are basically the same character to me. But yes, Mariah.

• Members

Prayers to Eric Braeden. He'll beat this, no doubt. 

That being said, I was just watching the Thursday, 4/20 show and it was obvious that for certain Victor scenes, Victor, Nikki and Nick were pieced together. Probably because of Braeden's availability. They weren't reacting to each other in a normal way. They probably had Mel and Joshua react to a stand in for Eric. It wasn't the normal soap scenes were everyone was in the same room at the same time. 

Edited by TEdgeofNight

• Members

I give this one a Hot. I like Victoria being in the "pursuer" seat, versus the "pursued" seat in this storyline. AH is so bothered by Nate/Elena and Tucker/Ashley. And I like that she is not hiding it, she is openly aggressive. It's a fun side of Victoria I have not seen since Heather Tom's tenure.

• Members

Daniel and Lily's scene in bed today was so refreshing for so many reasons:

• We had characters making love in a bed, and not on a sofa
  • We had characters in close intimacy, speaking about something heartfelt (e.g., their parents deaths)
  • We got to see Daniel's amazing chest, wow Graz is aging with style

This is soap opera at its finest. Close-up characters, not across a coffee shop table or next to each other on a sofa. Commiserating on an emotional topic based on their shared history. It was warm, it was sexy, without being overtly sexual.

• Members

CL looks like it's the only thing in an abandoned warehouse. The apartments upstairs don't even have curtains in the windows?? In the current economy and crime in places, you'd think a lonely coffee shop like that would be getting robbed on a daily basis. (Then again, everyone in town probably knows there are not enough sales to make it worth it.) 

• Members

And the exterior doesn't match the interior layout.

With CL I've always wondered about people coming and going from the outer area. If you order and pay at the counter I guess that's OK otherwise you could just finish your coffee and walk out. i guess that door leads to parking?

And how do you access the upstairs (Chelsea's apt currently)? Is there a staircase out there somewhere?

• Members

The top 3 characters I would cut from this show to make room for more interesting characters:

1. Chelsea: This character has run her course. Let her move out of town for a fresh start. 
2. Abby: This character needs a rest, and a recast. Maybe she gets in a big accident at a Newman building site and falls into a coma?
3. Tessa: No couple needs a happily ever after very long. Let’s give Camryn some Emmy material! Maybe a slow death from cancer, so we can get months of goodbyes.