YR new intro!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

YOU BETTA WERRK THAT W#ORE HAIR, JILL ABBOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved that opening!!! But I was too young for the internet to realize how disliked it was.

Awwww Old Mac...great times!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It reminds me of a cheap 90s european soap trying to immitate Dynasty. 

The skyline behind the actors is so outdated. The skyline behind the logo is so modern GH and vintage TEON. So not Y&R with its classy and sophisticated intros.

At this point I'd be happy with title card with the iconic 80s logo.

• Members

Is Y&R the only show that's included a cast-center opening on every episode? Meaning no abbreviated opening (like B&B).

It's really interesting how the full title theme has always been an integral part of the show.

The Red Opening worked for that era - nothing beats some of the most memorable shots: ED, JW and, of course, HT.

On the other hand, a decade earlier we had JW pushing down her panty hose and Brittany Norman twirling with her handbag...

• Members

That would’ve been fun!!! I was actually wondering what your thoughts were (sorry if I scrolled past them though funny I found this thread just as I had watched today’s opening lol). 

I don’t mind the font, it would have been better if it was in gold than the red for the 50th. The city skyline is completely out of place. As far as Y&R goes it reminded me of the Newman Enterprises logo font.

Please register in order to view this content

The bad thing is this still looks better 29 years later, Nikki head spin and all:

• Members

Y&R could have done charcoal portraits ad infinitum. Those opening titles were sleek, elegant, timeless, iconic.

While I understand the desire to try something new, I do not understand how such tackiness gets greenlit. No one on the team said, "Now let's talk about this public access talk show skyline..."?