Cancelled Web Soaps And Where To Watch Them

• Members

Well I was Deeply interested in WinterThorne! But I can't find anything Anywhere!

Web Soaps Were A Bit of a Fever 10 years Ago many Were Launched but Nearly None Endured Very Long! Still Maybe they are worth giving A Look, Especially because most Of Them got Wonderful Daytime vets on Them

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Has Anacostia Been Cancelled or Is It still Being Produced?????

The Bay Is Still being done too right? that's on Internet Archive

The Prospect Park Continuations for One Life To Live & All My Children are in 480p On YouTube at Least

SO There's:

Beacon Hill (2014/2020)  

DeVanity (2011-14)

River Ridge (2012) 

Miss Behave (2010 - 12)

Venice (2009 - 15)

WinterThorne (2015) Only 4 little episodes and a constelation od Stars In It, just can't find it anywhere

Youthful Daze (2012 -?)

• Members

"The Bay" isn't a cancelled soap.
The seventh season was filmed in 2022 - in California and Puerto Rico and released in December 2022.

The first 6 seasons of "The Bay" are now up on Peacock. 
The plan was to upload Season 7 onto Popstar!TV  popstaronline.com

According to Deadline: "Fans will be able to binge The Bay in early 2023 on Tubi. Previous seasons are available on Popstar! TV, Peacock, Amazon Prime Video, and Ten Play in Australia."
https://deadline.com/2022/12/the-bay-season-7-premiere-date-popstar-tv-1235189737/

update: I didn't find season 7 on popstar but I found the first 6 seasons there. 
I found all seven seasons  on tubi:
https://tubitv.com/series/300007140/the-bay

For links to The Bay on various channels, see this page:
https://thebaytheseries.com/watch

Edited by janea4old

• 4 weeks later...
  • Webmaster

"All 13 of the 4-6 minute episodes have been edited into one full 45 minute pilot and can be downloaded either to rent or buy."

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/martha-byrnes-gotham-vimeo-demand/

The Vimeo link doesn't work anymore. It's a "What could have been" type of situation with these web series. Sadly, it takes someone with some serious money/backing to invest in our soap actors and their concepts for any of them to come to fruition or have long-term potential. Not only would it be great to have so much more content to embrace, but we'd see some of these much-missed talents playing different roles.

If only someone ran SOAPnet properly and didn't try and turn it into the Carrie Bradshaw network as a last-ditch effort before Disney ultimately decided to rebrand it as Disney Junior. We could have had our version of Hallmark Channel with series and movies starring soap actors. I'm just rambling...

• Members

I share your pain!!! The usual with those Vimeo links, I had the same result as WinterThorne, Maybe someday I'll find it and I'll make sure to share those!!! Thanks for the Answer, I would have loved to have this so I can use on Anna Stuart's 75th Birthday Tribute, but that is months away so I might still get lucky!

• Members

The only web soap I ever watched was Life in General. I think they only made one episode. It was written by Karen Harris and starred Arianne Zucker, reunited Lindze Letherman with Scott Clifton, and had husband and wife Robert Desiderio and Brynn Thayer, too. It was during the writer's strike I believe and I remember really enjoying it.