Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nah in the case of Sheffer I have to believe that’s all on Sheffer. Like a daytime version of Ryan Murphy there was always a honeymoon period followed by an epic implosion with permanent irreparable damage done. After spending most of fall 2007 at #8 in the ratings even behind GL Corday was actually right for his annual Plan to Save Days that time around whereas Sheffer was left to rot on his own devices at ATWT and Y&R for years. Although Corday had a history of trying to act like Days’ white knight during the 2000’s so much it was laughable.

That said I didn’t mind that 2006 set of Max, Abby, Nick, the red haired Stephanie, and the bratty but still likeable/redeemable Chelsea at all compared to what happened to all of those characters in that disastrous Touch the Skies story the following year. I think I’ve said all about I how hated the show did Nick Fallon wrong in the past and hate how his killer is still on this show. 

@carolineg@Antoyne I remember the first Chelsea but I don’t remember her even staying too long, maybe three of four months at the most. First Chelsea was introduced as Abby’s best friend at a time Bo, Hope, and Billie kept talking about Georgia. Then there was some huge silly plot contrivance about how Billie was best friends offscreen with Chelsea’s parents and when they died Billie became Chelsea’s legal guardian to which Chelsea resented. Flash cards much LOL.

The only thing I vividly remember about the first Chelsea was her watching Patrick Lockhart take laps in a tiny above ground swimming pool and telling Abby she was going to make Patrick her man, even if she was underage. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This makes tons of sense.  There were a lot of stories that the show started and then walked back on that seemed like intriguing ideas.  I do feel like Kristen's return was good, but certain points were bungled as well.  IE Marlena/John finding out Kristen was alive off screen and never mentioning it until Kristen was in Salem lol.

• Members

I definitely remember her being there only a few months but I found her so much more appealing than Melvin. And then the show hired Molly Burnett who reminded me of Melvin and she proceeded to eat the show for years, and I despised her too. 

Red haired race car driving Stephanie takes me back. It feels like she hasn’t aged since then with the two recasts.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Per Jason 47’s Days page….

Ashley Benson (Abigail Deveraux) 11/12/04-5/2/07

Mandy Musgrave (Chelsea Benson) 11/12/04-4/26/05

Rachel Melvin (Chelsea Benson) 5/12/05-6/11/09

Shayna Rose (Stephanie Johnson) 7/4/06-1/18/07

Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 4/20/07-4/6/11 (recurring 2/15/17-2/16/17)

Didn’t remember Chelsea starting the same day as Benson’s Abby at all but I think I do now because Jack had just “died” again (seriously it became a running gag during JER 2.0 that Jack was always dying lol) 

I didn’t like Hennig as Stephanie at all in the beginning but by the time she left she was one of my favorite characters. 

Likewise I hated Kate Mansi’s Abby in the beginning because she was so completely immature to Benson’s usually grounded Abby. 

• Members

That’s so funny. I felt the same way about Hennig and Mansi. Now I wish they would both come back permanently. No offense to Marci Miller who I did feel like stopped taking Xanax before her scenes during her second run. And new Stephanie is okay, I just have no attachment to her. I also preferred Stephanie being in the older crew when she was dating Phillip.

• Members

I never found Melanie bad she was goofy and funny, liked her with Phillip and being annoying to Vivian but unfortunately I feel like once it was established she was Daniel’s daughter she immediately became completely irrelevant, especially after the Parker paternity scandal. Melanie and Chad 1.0 were so underwhelming especially since I was rooting for Will and Chad 1.0 to hookup . I don’t even remember how she left exactly except for testifying in favor of Nick getting released. 

• Members

Of course, RSW is going to be like the only one who gets softcore scenes now that the Peacock episodes have started *eye roll* Poor Uncle Ron’s gonna have some terrible arthritis in his wrist when he gets older.

I did enjoy Xander today though. I hope he and Alex have a real brawl someday. And I’m also glad that Xander unwittingly reminded Gwen that she is nothing but sloppy seconds and always will be

Please register in order to view this content

Brady needs to be a parent and stop letting his little demon spawn or her crazy ass mother hold all the cards. I would love it if he reads what Chloe said and just doesn’t care.

As for that crappy mess, it’s all so pointless and stupid. Leo just needs to go away and never come back.

It’s pretty telling that out of all of Leo/GR’s fans, only like three of them are LGBTQ+

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I agree when it comes Brady. On one hand I get Rachel's behavior and sometimes you do have to give the child a little leeway. However there comes a point when a parent have to put their foot down and say, "enough is enough." Rachel is a child who needs discipline. Without it, Brady comes off looking weak. No child should have that much power over their parent. I get it. Rachel's antics is supposed to be entertaining but it isn't mainly because the character isn't fun. She's not a light-hearted brat. She is an annoying, pain in the ass brat. Like you I hope when Brady read what Chloe said instead of being upset with Chloe, he'll use it as a wake up call to start discipline his child.

As for Leo - the less said about that character the better. It's rather sad that we have a soap opera being head and co-head written by gay men and THIS is the gay character they are most invested in at presenting to their audience: a negative stereotype. Sad.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by darrell66

• Members

Everything with Alex is stupid meaningless bravado.

Furthermore, today's Alex/Gwen scene was just a marketing thing from Days: 
One of the first things that happened on All My Children when it began streaming on Hulu, was that RSW's character Pete went down on Liza's daughter.  So the Days is now copying that AMC-Hulu stuff, by RSW doing that with Gwen on one of the first weeks of fully-Peacock-produced episodes.

Nope Ron.  I still don't like Alex.

(edited to fix AMC description)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I agree most everything about Alex is useless, but a softcore scene with RSW isn't the worst thing in the world.  The man is still very hot lol. 

Regarding Rachel, John seems to be the only one disciplining her.  I agree with it making Brady look weak, but I have always considered Brady pretty weak as a character so it checks out to me.