The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

With the 50th gala at his conclusion, I am sorry to say it was a dud. I don’t think we’ll be talking about scenes from this party. There wasn’t an emotional payoff. Where was the 50 year montage? Where was the memorable moment that can only happen at a 50 years gala?

I think the last time this show did a “memorable event” well was Kay Chancellors fake funeral. We had memorable scenes we still talk about today (eg Traci and Lauren’s reconciliation), we had deep cut references to reward long time fans (eg Dina admitting she has never visited Colleen or Abby), and a springboard for a major story (eg the return of Victor Newman and his renewed romance with Ashley). I wanted something as emotionally fulfilling, well written, and high stakes as this. 

The 50th gala was a dud. 

• Members

I have to say I've enjoyed the gala more than I thought I would. I, of course, love campy drama so it worked for me. Could it have used more tension/drama between some of the characters? Absolutely, but it had its moments.

Leanna was fun.

Amanda being back was great.

I even tolerated Tucker with his comedy and I am not a Trevor fan. 

With the current state of soaps (time constrains-speed of filming, budgets), I think the show did a good job. 

• Members

3-31

Well, I enjoyed the gala. And I felt there were so enough nostalgia and momentum that it was just fine. If anything I'm more worried that JG is going to lose said momentum after stuff FINALLY starting to happen from Diane vs Jill to Elena starting to make moves against Victoria to Tucker and Ashley getting to a spot where they could very well become a couple...maybe.

I definitely enjoyed every moment of Giggly Heffa coming undone and I actually felt MS did a great job with it because on one hand it felt so true, but at the same time she was clearly setting Diane up. It was the duality for me. I really loved that moment of connection between her and Danny. So much history in that moment.

I liked that TSJ stepped it up a little bit and put Tucker's feelings out there for Ashley. Like Ashley, I also felt it a little bit. And that kiss...hehe. The struggle was real and Eileen played that soooo well. And Tucker peeking in through the door. Ha!

I liked how the writers continued to keep track of everyone...if they were still at the gala...if they had left...etc. Though I rolled my eyes at the Nick/Sally/Adam/Hot Sauce stuff.

Good to see Devon and Amanda come to some kind of closure. 

• Members

The Gala really feels so much superior to the Stuff we have been getting in the past 3 or so years, I'm just angry I have to wait whoever uploads the episodes on torrents upload Friday's episode!!! Just because I'm anxious seems like it won't be uploaded!