Y&R - Returns for 50th Anniversary revealed

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The unoriginal Mr. Griffith.
When Josh Griffith was HW at Days, for the Days 50th anniversary in Nov. 2015, he wrote a bicentennial for Salem.  Which was dumb because a Salem bicentennial had already aired on DAYS in July 2003 and nobody checked.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Seeing Mamie back at the Abbott's warms my heart. It would be a total misuse of her, especially with her own extended family out there, but if I still watched this awful show, I wouldn't mind Mamie moving back in with the Abbott's and serving as a recurring support system for them - kind of the reverse of the purpose Dena served just a few years back.

• Members

Spoiler for week of March 20: "Jack receives a surprise houseguest."

Will Mrs. Martinez be shown serving breakfast to Mamie? 
(Has Mrs. Martinez ever been shown or just talked about?)
Will Mamie advise Mrs. Martinez to ask for a raise and vacation pay/time to travel?
I have questions!

I have this imaginary headcanon that the Queen, the Legendary, the great Mamie Johnson is now fabulously wealthy.  But her loving heart has only grown.  Maybe she runs a foundation.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Mrs Martinez has been seen occasionally over the years played by different actresses I think, but not since pre COVID

It's ridiculous she is not seen more often. It would only have to be once every few months.

Jill paying off Mamie was an awful story. It happened so quickly and was out of character. It might have worked had they delved into it more.

• Members

It's so stupid lol

I gotta know: have they been mentioning the bicentennial in the lead up to it?

Nikki would not give two shîts about Genoa City's bicentennial. Veronica Reed does indeed look great.

And I'm really not trying to be a dîck but every single person in that preview was over 60. Is this show just utterly uninterested in generational storytelling?

• Members

They're scared to focus on the young ones because the longterm viewers might switch off.

See- Reed,Mattie, Charlie, Ana, Fen, Faith, Moses,Noah,Ally etc

The bicentennial idea is crap-that's 200 years so nothing to do with 50 anyway. So then why not celebrate Jabot's 60th or 70th- at least that ties in with something viewers can relate to, although Jabot has been ignored for years in favor of these 'trendy' media companies.