Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well anyhow, with a 31 minutes run, or 34/35 as some are listed, I wonder what the game plan would've been had they aired on NBC as originally planned. Bulk it up with needless multi-minute flashbacks? 

Speaking of ending credits, I sure wish they would go back to their actual closing theme song instead of the cheeseball elevator stuff that is always used now. I don't care for the majority of their catalog of music currently as it is, but at least they used mostly good cues during the couple days Marlena was "dying." 

• Members

Oh! DH epi # as in .... on each specific date you noted, if Deidre appeared that day, where we are in the all-time number of Deidre Hall's episodes so far. Yes that makes sense.  @JAS0N47 is noting on the "Days behind the scenes" thread her final 25 episodes leading up to her 5,000th.
As in ... 1-24-23 was Deidre's  Epi #4978. Got it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Yep, there you go. He has begun publishing one of her early days scripts in a backwards countdown, each day she's on. People have talked about changing their avatars to a picture of Deidre when we get close. People are already starting to change their banner pics in profile to Deidre pictures. Some very nice Day of Days being used or the new "Charlie's Angels" of the 3 of them, in white. I won't have competition as I will use one of two that are Roman & Marlena. I'm something of a dinosaur that way, although I count myself a fan now of J&M, Jarlena, etc. She'll finally be back on tomorrow. Unforgivable gap. The show still is screwed up on pacing. But, you're watching, so you know that! Sorry. 

• Members

Exactly.

And there’s no reason for it. Usually they blame it on a budget or a BTS issue but I still don’t see how either of those could be tied to the length of a storyline, romantic pairing, etc.

That’s why I was glad that Stefan said that he still loved Chloe even though he remembered his love for Gabi. That could play out for the whole year and they could weave in Brady, Kristen and other characters into the story as well.

• Members

Regardless of who wrote what and when, I am enjoying the Xander/Gwen and the Eric/Sloan banter.  First of all it is a refreshing change on DAYS for characters to engage in dialogue rather than ranting to themselves in public spaces.  I appreciated Xander's realization that Sarah was only attracted to him as a bad boy and Gwen likes him for who he is, that makes for an interesting triangle.  And, for once in a long time, a male romantic lead is allowed to have some insight and not just bounce around from woman to woman like an idiot (eg Brady).  I also appreciate that Eric knows Slone's faults but he is willing to talk it out, and not judge her, because they have fun together and she had been reliable toward him.  DAYS circa 2010 would have had Sloan try to hide her true nature, but this writing staff is willing to have characters that are neither just good or bad.

The Gabi/Stefan/Chloe stuff is stupid.  I don't get why he is being de-programmed in the basement of his house, where apparently anyone can walk in and hear them.  I don't feel like Stefan was distinctive enough as a character (with the recast and the change in tone) before he was resurrected, and now he doesn't seem very bright.  Also, Gabi's devotion to Stefan was not well established given that she moved on rather quickly after his death.

Lastly, where's Jada in all of this?  I hope she doesn't get stuck with Rafe.  She showed so much promise when she first appeared and I like her as a foil for Nicole and Gabi.  But, she needs more screentime and a talk-to to develop the character.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I even suggested have Gabi seduce Brady in order to get Stefan and Chloe jealous, and of course that would piss Kristen off and pit her against Gabi, until she FINALLY decides to move on from Brady

Please register in order to view this content

I liked all of that too. Those were some of the improvements that I referred to in my intial post.

• Members

Chad as a doe-eyed romantic toward Stephanie was a sticking point for me this week.  I enjoyed the friendly chemistry between Jack and Chad, it would be nice to have them in each other's orbit more often, maybe even in the business realm.  But, his whole approach to Stephanie where he was hesitant to tell her that he liked her seemed  immature for the character.  I feel like past-Chad would have confidence and try to sweep Stephanie off her feet, not constantly be asking if she is sure or looking for reassurance that she likes him too.

It may just be that to me Chad looks older than Stephanie and Alex, so his innocence made him feel jejune, but I think that triangle should be based on Chad's sophistication versus Alex's lack of inhibition.  If both guys are always ga-ga over their gal pal, then the tone seems off.

• Members

Stefan shouldn't have been brought back. Any zest he had is long gone. I'm over him and Gabi.

Someone asked about Days success on peacock.... 

There is an article and RSW is going on and on about how great the show is and how it's Peacock #1 most watched program. Other cast members chime in pimping the show. I don't know how true it is. The only person that might know is Errol.

• Members

I caught up on episodes and I have a few questions since everyone has already made a lot of good points and suggestions and I have nothing to add.

1.  Was there a reason given why Sami wouldn't attend the funeral?  Chanel mentioned it, but I wonder if the show even attempted a reason why except Ali Sweeney is doing hallmark.

2.  Why was Anna writing Marlena's eulogy?  I know they are friends, but that's a stretch.  I wonder if she was asked or just took it upon herself lol

3.  If there is an office at Allie's that has a place a tall man like Alex can sleep than why does Wendy have to sleep on the couch in the middle of the living room?  Or was drunk Alex literally sleeping on the floor?

4.  Is Sarah allowed to wear the things she does to work?  I know she has a lab coat on, but people can see underneath it and half of her stomach shows a lot.  I guess know rules now that Kayla died.