Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I had the same thought.  If anything, historically, Tony was closer to Marlena than Anna.  But, I opined that she was doing it because everyone else is dead or out of town.  It seems superfluous because IRL John, Belle, and Eric would be the ones to speak, but maybe there were multiple eulogies planned?

Yeah, that set defies logic like the Tardis on Dr Who it expands to fit all who enter.  I still don't get why Wendy hasn't gotten her own place yet?  And where is Henry's room?

Once Anne Milbauer left University Hospital it has become a very liberal workplace

Edited by j swift

• Members

Sami, all there was, was someone talked to her on the phone & she was trying everything in her power to get to Salem. Carrie, not a single mention & not in the obit. Shawn, completely missing from the show. 

People seemed to think that Anna & Marlena long ago bonded as co-mothers of Carrie & people seemed to be touched. Bonnie was writing something to say & that is ridiculous, she's not Adrienne!

At TelevisionStats.com there is Metrics of fan engagement. It is all about the online presence of shows. GH is #1 soap. DOOL and Y&R go back & forth as #2 & #3. For a long time DOOL was peacock's #1 show on this metric but for the last 2 weeks have been #3. Peacock is out of 27 shows. This Metric is not as good as Neilsens. Most Popular Show Online (out of 1706 shows) GH #50, DOOL #199 and Y&R #185. Best Rank in the last 12 mos. GH #15, DOOL #24 and Y&R #81. Y&R definitely got a bump up with the Tracy Bregman special days. Here's a graph from this metric. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, I am not even sure why Allie/Chanel would need an office for their shared business.  You would assume the office would be at their actual business location.  I don't mind Wendy living there, but offer her the couch in the office at least to at so everyone can have some privacy lol.

Bonnie writing something for Marlena seemed like a thing she felt like doing-not because she was asked.  Anna said eulogy.  If we are choosing Marlena's old friends it should be Maggie, but that would never happen.  

Is Sami in some country she can't get plane flights or using the airline Hope used while she was off the show that never made it anywhere?  The Carrie mentions are always hit and miss, so I am not surprised she is nowhere to be found. 

And Salem Hospital needs an HR department because I would think Sarah wearing half a shirt would be unhygienic and I wouldn't be comfortable with a Dr that wore that treating me.

• Members

Did Anna do the eulogy when John died?  Marlena spoke and I thought that was the main 'eulogy' if you will.  Anyhow, I know they bonded and raised Carrie, but that bond is really far back and obscured by the fact that Carrie's rarely acknowledged.  I guess I should be thankful Susan's not around right now because she would be the one writing it.

• Members

I don't know what is unhygienic about a bare midriff, but the weirdest thing about Salem Airport is that nobody ever gets picked up at the terminal, they just appear in the square, usually without any luggage...

Edited by j swift

• Members

Here is that metric, today's for yesterday's shows. This metric goes with that chart. 

Metrics of fan engagement on Wed., 2-1-23 from TelevisionsStats.com
DOOL Most Popular Show Online #199 (out of 1706)
Soap #3 Peacock #3 (out of 27) NBC #22 (out of 79) Google #131
Best rank in last 12 mos. #24 on 11-15-22
40 min. W-     D-Anglea Tessinari
GH Most Popular Show Online #50 (out of 1706)
Soap #1 ABC #4 out of 74) Google #24
Best rank in last 12 mos. #15 on 12-21-22
Y&R Most Popular Show Online #185 (out of 1706)
Soap #2 CBS #11 (out of 90) Google #94
Best rank in last 12 mos. #81 on 12-30-22

• Members

In reply to several posts asking where Shawn is ...

Remember Claire had some mental health issues several years ago.  Later on, Claire moved to South Africa to try a new life, hanging out with Theo Carver and JJ Deveraux who had already moved there.
Belle and Shawn went to South Africa to visit Claire for the Christmas 2022 holidays.
Belle returned to Salem alone, in the Jan. 19 episode when word came that Marlena was critically ill.  She arrived in a hurry on the Titan jet.

Quoting Belle from Jan. 19 episode:

Well, Shawn asked Victor to send the Titan jet. I’m sure he’ll be cranky as hell when I try to thank him for it, but it was very sweet nonetheless. 

How's Claire? Oh, she’s good. She’s okay. She, uh, she sends her love, she knows about, uh, Kayla and Kate, so Shawn and I thought it would be best if she stayed in Johannesburg in case she needs some extra therapy sessions. And Shawn sends his love too. But he wanted to stay with her. We don't want her to have any setbacks.

--------
(Sad dialog filmed before John Aniston died, so Belle will never get a chance to thank Victor onscreen.)

Edited by janea4old