GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, so to set up what you just watched. Heather taunted Ava with the idea that Ryan had done even more than she knew to her & damaged her life in his extreme obsession with her & when she had Ava sufficiently wound up, she gave Ava her gun, the gun Ryan had left her with to hold Ava & Felicia prisoner till he returned. She told Ava that this was her chance to finally settle the obsession once & for all. Ava immediately left the room & showed up in the clearing in the woods. Esme, whose water had broken & who was having contractions, got away from Ryan while he was paying full attention to Ava, who shot him. Later, Esme reappeared in the living room at Wyndemere, running straight into Laura's arms. Heather had told Felicia that she could go. Mac & company had shown up at Wyndemere & at the end Felicia was going back to the mainland with Austin, on an ER stretcher, and Heather was in cuffs with a cop right beside her. 

• Members

These repetitive Valentin/Anna safehouse scenes lately remind me of when Prospect Park's online OLTL very clearly only had Roger Howarth available for like two more days and clumsily shot almost the entire second half of his storyline in a hotel room where Todd Manning and friends would stand around, talk about their plans for the evil baddies (sometimes to himself) and then later come back to the hotel room talking about what they’d done re: said baddies elsewhere offscreen lol. I understand that while I may personally believe Valentin has all the commanding menace and charisma of Pee Wee Herman, Frank Valentini is absolutely smitten with JPS and is working with his recurring schedule but give me a break. Move this along or let Anna burn the place down the next time Valentin takes to the piano.

• Members

Damn these sweeps have been amazing!! Loving the twist of Ava having confessed to Ryan about killing Nikolas - I wonder how that’s gonna play out.

Please register in order to view this content

That last moment of Esme in labor coming in the door straight into Laura’s arms was such a perfect beat. Also, the cynic in me thinks we’re not done with the Hook yet - they’ve built up way too much just for it to have been Heather all along.

• Members

I haven't been able to watch full episodes in a few weeks. I've seen only recaps and clips. 

I half-expected Ryan to grab Kevin in the tunnels to Spoon Island, and then switch clothes with him.  And then I expected Kevin to be shot and Ryan to take Kevin's place - with Kevin eventually recovering elsewhere later in captivity.  Because all of that would be standard soap trope.

But there's no way the real Kevin would say those things to Ava.  So Ava and Mac really did shoot Ryan.

I am startled to read recaps that Ryan actually died? Can this be true?  Will he awaken from the body bag later?

I'm tired of Ryan - I've been tired of him for a very very very long time.  I'll be glad if he's really gone.

Edited by janea4old