Character connections that were lost.

• Members

Sharon and Lily do interact on occasion, but where else but at Crimson Lights?That's why I didn't mind when Neil died and willed Drucilla's jewelry to Sharon, knowing she admired it. though I wished they would have those two and Devon interact more.

I also wish they would have Ashley in scenes with Nate since she and Olivia are our best friends. It would undoubtedly go a long way toward humanizing him after the shenanigans he pulled with Devon. Before DD was acting a fool, I wanted scenes with Paul and Nate since he and Nathan were best friends and colleagues for so long too. 

Edited by Forever8

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you, friend. I grew up on Robin's Janet and only saw Kate's years later on youtube so I was pretty pissed at what they turned Janet into. Killing Trevor? Go to hell. I know you're gonna say something like "I never bought her redemption, she always had this in her" but the Janet I knew would NEVER. *plugs ears*

That show pretends Dru didn't exist so this doesn't surprise me. Neil had an unnamed wife who died. Lily and Devon had an unnamed mother who died. Neil, also dead, gets mentioned often because they liked Kristoff. Even on other soaps where actors were fired for misconduct their characters still get mentioned. But Victoria Rowell wanted better working conditions and dared to say something while black? Let's act like Dru had no friends and that her children wouldn't miss her terribly and talk about her all of the time (Dru was the head of that household, Neil was a mealy-mouthed do boy). They can fück off.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I think Robin was great on the show! I always did, but I also always was terrified of Robin's performance and thought Janet was nuts. Her work still holds up as a tour de force like when she read the town to filth. That being said, she and Kiberd 100% sold their romance and chemistry despite my misgivings. Doesn't mean I thought she should kill him off and stuff his body in the freezer! That was too far. I was glad Broderick, Agnes, etc. squared the circle a bit at the end between both versions of Janet with Collins in the final months.

Edited by Vee

• Members

AMC: Janet's regression, from the little I saw of it, seems disappointing given the extra lengths they went to redeem her in the 90s. Plus Kate Collins coming back basically undid the charachter's new face.

Y&R: I have to agree on Nick/Victoria and Jack. There's literally no hint that that he was their stepfather at all. Jack & Nikki today are lresented as friends but it's not referenced all that much that they were married. As someone saod earlier its most likely because of all the marital partners they've shared. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Y & R:

Diane and Lauren were friends in the 80s when both were with Paul/Andy.  In fact, Lauren had Diane come back in 1986 to win Andy back from Faren.

When Diane returned in 1996, Lauren was on B & B... but I would have thought with Michael being friends with Diane and Phyllis... that mention of Lauren being friends with Diane would come up.

Paul/Nikki had years where they didn't interact (from 1984 till late 80s..when she went to see how he was after being accused of killing George Rawlins.  And then not again until the late 90s/early 00s when she cautioned him about Isabella).  And then off and on after that.

Paul/Lauren I was surprise they stopped interacting... though didn't they interact again briefly when Sussman headwrote?

AMC

Gillian/Erica

• Members

Just about all of Days of Our Lives. Jack is rarely in scenes with Steve. He nor Justin or Justin boys been to comfort Steve. 

Chloe and Belle don’t interact after being best friends since High School. 

I hate what became of Maggie and Marlena and Maggie and Lucas. 

Days lack of Family/Friends dynamic over the years is an eyesore. 

Stephanie blew into town have yet to interact with Jack. 

• Members

On Guiding Light, Reva met Abigail in Goshen, and Abby met Selena in prison. Her connection to both became nonexistent. Not only should she have stayed connected to them, but Reva and Selena should've been connected to each other through her. The three could've hung out together and Abby could've confided in them. But about after her first two yrs there, she spent most of her time on the backburner. 

• Members

I didn't like the couple or anything, but it's odd they act like they barely know one another when they have had a pretty intense romance and have had a working relationship for years-not to mention Lucas/Austin/Phillip were married to his daughter/stepdaughters.

• Members

The one I still remember years later was from Eplin's time at ATWT. Jake was hired by Lucinda to work at her newspaper and they had many scenes together at first. Seemed like Liz Hubbard liked having a new sparring partner, but eventually the two never had scenes together. I figured that there had to be some BTS story about that, most likely something about Eplin that she couldn't/wouldnt countenance.