ARTICLE: RUMOR REPORT: Which Performer is Causing a “Tense Situation” on Set?

Errol

• Members

In SOD the full wording of #1 is:
"This performer is reportedly terrorizing the crew and cast at their soap, unleashing their fury on producers, directors, and other crew. Staff does their best to avoid contact, but co-stars and key departments are forced to smile and play nice to not upset production. It’s a tense situation."

Someone upthread guessed NLG and I disagree!  In my opinion she's nothing like that at all!  I mean she seems more rational to me than most actors. 

In my speculation, this could be Marcus Columa. I have no idea what he is/was like on set, I've heard nothing about his behavior at all.

But, he was clearly fired for something specific, due to the wording of the statement that the show released to SOD, as follows:
the show confirms to Digest, saying, “Marcus Coloma will no longer be playing the role of Nikolas Cassadine. His last airdate will be at the end of January."
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/confirmed-marcus-coloma-out-at-gh/

I don't think that would have anything to do with COVID. It could but I doubt it.

The thing is... MC's firing was announced Dec. 19.  It was confirmed on the SOD website.

But the print issue of SOD had already gone to press -- the issue containing the blind items - already gone to press befoe the firing was announced.  Some people got the mag in the postal mail on Dec. 21 so it must have already gone to print before MC was fired.  They may have known he was causing problems so they wrote the blind item.  But I don't think they would have worded the blind item that way if they were sure at press time that he was being fired.

On the other hand ... maybe I'm wrong about MC.
After all I have been wondering why he was fired, so maybe I'm grasping at anything that might explain his firing.
Again I have to emphasize I've heard *nothing* about his behavior on set or his interactions with coworkers.

For #1, several posters upthread guessed Maurice Bernard, and that's a possibility.  I do remember hearing stories 2 or 3 years ago, so that would fit.   Perhaps MB is the answer, and not MC.

For #1. someone guessed Eric Braeden, but he's had health issues and hasn't appeared much lately, so it can't be him.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

2. "This soap is keeping a lid on which cast member, who figures prominently in a current storyline, [that] tested positive for Covid and had to quarantine at home."

I read that as an actor *following the rules* and quarantining exactly as they are supposed to.  This isn't worded like an actor did anything wrong. I think it's saying the actor did the right thing!

Shows won't disclose health information about employees without the employee's permission.  Sometimes actors will post on their social media, or give a press statement, to announce when they have COVID.  But I'm sure a lot of actors keep their private lives private.  If they get sick, they can quietly notify their coworkers to get tested, but there is no need for a public announcement. 

I don't know why SOD would see a "story", or "tea" to be revealed - in reporting that an actor is being good and quarantining as required.  It's just none of my business.

The only thing slightly newsworthy is that there could be (or already was) a delay in filming the prominent storyline. 
Maybe this about a storyline seemingly dropped for no reason, but it will be revisited (or is already being revisited) when the actor returns(returned) to work.

Well that's my theory about the Covid blind item.  Actor quarantining appropriately. Prominent storyline seemingly dropped for no reason, but it will be revisited (or is already being revisited) when the actor returns(returned) to work.

But what soap and what actor? I have no idea. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

3. This actor declined naming his/her significant other, although that person's identity is prominently displayed on social media.

I agree with everyone that this is Mark Grossman and Courtney Hope.

4. It has become obvious to the co-stars of one leading lady that she feels threatened by the rising storyline prominence of a more recent hire.

I have no idea what soap or actress this is.

5. Look for two familiar faces to surface on this soap in the coming weeks.

As others have posted, this *might be* GH, with the Friday Dec. 23 reveal of the return of Emily Wilson as Ellie Trout, and Matt Cohen as Griffin Munro.  SOD may have heard they were reappearing, but maybe they didn't know by press time that it would be so soon.  SOD used to know if someone was expected to return in the coming week, and they would print that the comings/goings section of their magazine issue.  But sometimes they don't announce returns/exits until after they've already aired.

• Members

#1: NLG 

I feel the wording of this one is meant to get us to think it's one of the two alpha males left in daytime (MB or EB) but in fairness they've been the unfair targets of the online rumor pushers for the last two decades. 

If you had a dime for everytime MB or EB were blamed for a male actor getting fired cause they were "threatened" or when a popular couple is broken up cause they were "jealous" you might be able to buy a new car. It comes with being the clear cut stars on their soaps and both are honest to a fault about their egotistical moments. If MB is so difficult to deal with on the set...I would like to know why damn near everyone on that cast (and some crew) will use their free time to go to be on his podcast. It makes no sense to spend time away from the set with this so called dictator. He is talked about by current and former co-stars in too much of a positive light for it to justify the absurd levels of assumptions. There are endless stories of love and respect for him in the genre to those he reached out to when they were struggling with depression. EB is on much less these days and has won over haters for his politics to lessen the slander crowd, but it wasn't too long ago that he supposedly had full control of CBS Daytime when a casting or story uproar took off. He was the devil at one point. Again...they aren't shy in their books (etc) on being open on their moments of being an ass...but there is plenty of other male or female divas roaming those halls right now.  

NLG is my choice just based on the times. She seems like a miserable confrontational person that would be highly uncomfortable to work with this era of right vs left. I will bet any amount of money there will be the biggest sigh of relief EVER when she cleans out her dressing room for the last time. No filter. Can't restrain herself. Never pulls punches. Beyond vulgar. Very intimidating presence. If there is even a trace of her online behavior on the set....I have to think she can rub others the wrong way with ease. No way does some of that not spill over into her work setting. NLG has been taking shots at current and former castmates for years. I would keep my mouth closed and only make small talk with her. 

Edited by Vince79

• Members

I just don't think it's NLG at all!   Her social media comments are almost always about politicians.

She did complain online when someone didn't want to be vaxxed, but Disney's ruling of required vaccine for everyone in ALL Disney-owned productions everywhere (movies, TV, theme parks, etc) ...  took care of the issue.  Clearly Disney did that for all their properties/productions and thus NLG's opinions did not factor into Disney's decisions.  I'm sure Disney had employees in *every* property and production who voiced opinions pro-vaccine-mandate and anti-vaccine-mandate, but ultimately the corporation made its own decision.

I remember NLG discussing coworker behavior only once online, and it was several years ago when MB and another actor were mocking her on the set, which would have been no big deal except that MB and/or the other actor put video of the mocking online, and THAT made her feel uncomfortable. But I also remember that she and MB publicly made peace with one another afterwards and she then affirmed they were/are friends. That's the ONLY incident I can remember, and years have gone by since then. She never spoke of that again.

NLG often says in her social media that she's grateful for her job.  She has also said her opinions about real-world politicians might sometimes be different than the political opinions of some coworkers, but that does NOT affect how she works with them on the set. She says she maintains professional working relationships with everyone regardless of anything.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh for sure I can totally see resentment of Courtney Hope getting more airtime and getting types of storylines that Sharon and/or Phyllis would have gotten say 10 years ago. 

I had guessed MS and AL as AL is a “recent hire” and for the fact that AL has moped the floor with MS a few times now in the confrontation scenes lol. But I could see MS being totally threatened by either CH or AL. 
Then there is also Zuleyka Silver, who’s character Audra is a rising presence in multiple orbits between Nate, Tucker, Noah, and now from Thursday’s episode Chance? 

• Members

I usually do a media bias fact checker when I see political news articles as Marjorie Taylor Greene can post some whack-a-doodle crap, but this is pop culture soap stuff. That said, this is entirely a different story. 

The Young and the Restless stars Courtney Hope and Mark Grossman seemingly confirm dating rumors

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/soaps/the-young-and-the-restless-stars-courtney-hope-and-mark-grossman-seemingly-confirm-dating-rumors/

If true, then yay. Great. Whatever. I guess I'll sleep good tonight in comfort. 

• Members

I doubt it's Coloma who's been fired, but a SOD charging $6.99 and at its least relevant would absolutely run a BI about an actor 'terrorizing the set' as though it's current after he's already been let go.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's true and that article is behind-the-times. Courtney brought Mark as her plus one to her BFF's wedding the weekend of Sept 24.  The bride is a makeup artist for Y&R but the wedding was way out of town (at least 4 or 5 hours from LA) at a national park.  Courtney and Mark were the only soap people at the event.  The wedding party was overnight at the location for a couple of days.  Courtney had lots of pics on her IG story at the time.   That was the first time Courtney went public with the pairing.
And their relationship had been rumored for a while before Courtney confirmed it with those pics.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

It is very modern soap periodical to run BIs way behind the times. I remember when they warned a certain performer at a certain show re: the many domestic violence rumors floating around at the time in a BI, saying 'next time we name him.' Ooh so scary! They didn't do shít because they had no integrity. That was almost twenty years ago.

If #1 is Coloma it would go to explaining some things, but I can't see the show putting up with it from a guy who'd only been there ten minutes.

Edited by Vee