ARTICLE: RUMOR REPORT: Which Performer is Causing a “Tense Situation” on Set?

Errol

• Webmaster
Rumor Report

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, which soap star terrorizes their soap’s cast and crew? Who tested positive for COVID and their show kept it a secret? Which diva is threatened by a rising new hire? And which two familiar faces will be on this soap soon? These items and more are highlighted in the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest (January 2, 2023), on newsstands now, in the magazine’s “Stuff We Know (and shouldn’t tell you)” section which has always been a fascinating read, and that’s why we like discussing it with you. After all, it’s no fun to be told something in print and not have anyone to talk about it with!

Although the blind items aren’t likely to be answered by the magazine anytime soon, and we’re sure none of the people in items 1-4 will fess up to anything, why not take a gander at who/what these are all about?

Soap Opera Digest, Soap Digest, January 2 2023 Issue, SOD, #SOD, #SoapDigest, #SoapOperaDigest
Courtesy of a360media

BLIND ITEMS:

1. Regarding the performer terrorizing the show’s cast/crew, including “unleashing their fury on producers, directors, and other crew,” the magazine notes, “Staff does their best to avoid contact, but co-stars and key departments are forced to smile and play nice to not upset production. It’s a tense situation.”
  2. With COVID testing and positive outcomes becoming a regular part of our everyday lives, it’s a wonder why “This soap is keeping a lid on which cast member, who figures prominently in a current storyline, [that] tested positive for Covid and had to quarantine at home.”
  3. According to the magazine, “An actor declined to name his/her significant other, although that person’s identity is prominently displayed on social media.” The answer is maybe too evident if you ask us.
  4. A leading lady on her soap is threatened by the “rising storyline prominence of a more recent hire.”
  5. Meanwhile, two familiar faces will be “on this soap in the coming weeks.”

To subscribe to Soap Opera Digest‘s print edition, click here. If you prefer a digital copy, check out at Zinio.

You can discuss these items and more in the comments below.

Note: The post RUMOR REPORT: Which Performer is Causing a “Tense Situation” on Set? appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is Greg Vaughn really the type to "terrorize" a set? 

3. I agree with Mark Grossman and Courtney Hope. Maybe he's trying to be respectful with Sharon Case or Courtney doesn't want it "public" after her mess with Chad Duell? 

4. Melody Thomas Scott jealous of Courtney Hope? 

5. Doesn't Days have some "returns" for Christmas? 

• Members

Okay I'll play.

1. This one is a tough one. Hmmmmm. I would think that if they are a terror on set, but people are going out of their way to please them, it would be somebody major. So...given some of the tea here...I would go with Maurice Benard.

2. Again going back to the tea here, I would say Marcus Columa out right. He is in current story and around these parts he has been anti-vax on the sly. It not only explains their need to sub in other actors, but why he was let go. Especially after all the drama around IR and SB and their stance against NG. 

3. Yeah, I would say Mark and Courtney as well. Especially after the Soap Awards this past year. 

4. Sharon and Courtney. Have Alison done enough scenes for Michelle to feel threatened? 

5. I figured this was Peter and Kristian out right. 

• Members

Didn't even know that SOD still existed. lol And a cover price of $6.99??? Wow. No thanks. Rumors are always based in a tiny grain of fact and then blown up to sell magazines. Regarding blind item #1, I don't care who it is - if that 'rumor' is true, why is it being tolerated? There is not 1 star on daytime who's behavior like that should be tolerated.

• Members

I guess that I don't pay attention, lol. I think that I thought that SOD was an e-magazine only and not still in print. I avoid spoilers so maybe I subconsciously ignore anything SOD related. I was a long time subscriber to SOD but gave it up in the early 2000's when there were still 8 or 9 soaps left. Can't imagine how thin an issue is now. 

• Members
  • Maurice Benard. No doubts about it. OR Eric Braeden.
  • Camila Banus or Marcus Coloma (though, Coloma's was pretty much confirmed by Adam Huss' temporary portrayal, yes? I know it came out Huss came back because Coloma tested positive.)
  • Really? It's Mark Grossman & Courtney Hope. There is no question about this one.
  • I'd hate to call Michelle Stafford a "leading lady," because I don't consider her one, but it wouldn't put it past her for it to be about her regarding Alison Lanier.
  • Kristian Alfonso & Peter Reckell / Matt Cohen & Emily Wilson.

• Members

My reasoning was that it must be difficult for Ari, who is younger than Dee and Lauren, so she's not at that vet status, despite her thirty years on the show, but older than her scene partners like Elia Cantu and Jessica, which must play on the eternal stress that aging has on actresses in Hollywood.  The same could probably be said for Kelly Monaco or Laura Wright who are still playing romantic leads, even though their antagonists keep getting cast with younger women.  And a mean soap editor is more likely to write about this issue as a conflict between women, rather than questioning why a genre watched by middle aged female fans can't find more creative plots for their actresses who are no longer ingenues.

Excellent guess, and I adored that twist today

My only hesitation about Maurice as #1 is - does a blind item count if the gossip is so widely discussed?  It would be like saying. "don't tell anyone but DAYS likes to have their actors be shirtless at least once week" or blind item "which soap production can only afford to shoot in two sets per episode?"

In fact, a thread on not-so-blind items would be a humorous way to celebrate this festive season

Edited by j swift