DOOL - John Aniston Dies at 89

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks @ironlion for the clear up, I'm sorry the way expressed myself I'm just sad so many people are dying lately, And John was A Really Great Actor i greatly admired!!! I actually saw him with Jen on a sketch a few days ago!  And thinking he has been dead three days without anyone knowing, but it's the family's right to keep it private I guess, I was wondering if I went to my private archive and Got some early Victor on YouTube to honor him, I'm just afraid of the DOOL Rights police 

• Members

Times like these are a reminder of how many of our great soap vets show up to work, year after year, despite being long past the typical retirement age, as well as coming in with aches, pains, and obstacles just to make it to the stage. Head honchos at so many soaps throughout the years bared the brunt of fan outrage when longtime senior members weren't heavily featured, when in reality, the actors themselves needed to take it easy.

I am grateful that John Aniston continued to make the effort, despite his condition. As so many behind-the-scenes folks have mentioned, he clearly was in pain during his final years. It is nice to know he is at peace now. 

• Members

From Freddie Smith instagram:

fmsmith319 Verified
Rest In Peace, John.

Please register in order to view this content

It was a pleasure working you. You were always so kind and made everyone around you laugh. You will be missed!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck8qA5SIG34/

====================

From Zach Tinker instagram stories:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/zach_atticus/2971443475010548138/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

judievansofficial
To know John was to love John. I feel incredibly lucky to have been working with this kind, funny, generous man for all these years.

Always with a new joke, a sweet word of encouragement, or a much needed bear hug- John was a consummate professional and forever a classy guy.

I will miss him terribly, but will always hold him close to my heart. Rest well, John. Thank you for everything. And we’ll always “see you back in Salem.”

#JohnAniston #VictorKiriakis

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck84wSjPEsV/

• Members

wallykurth Verified
John, you were my mentor and acting partner. You taught me without having to say a word. You were a father figure who I tried to make proud. John, I feel so grateful and honored to have known you, laughed with you and called you my friend. RIP.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck8uPt8JVe3/

• Members

Another daytime legend gone. I know Aniston was on SFT for several years but was he on any other soaps before that?

Always enjoyed Victor a lot on Days at lot as one of the town villains on the show and was glad he was still able to make occasional appearances even in this past year.

May Aniston RIP he will be missed. 

• Members

Oh, no!

I guess I knew this was going to happen sooner than later, but it is still a gut punch. John made you love to HATE Victor. Or just love him for his acidic asides.

Prayers to his family and friends, especially his daughter, Jennifer. I can only imagine her heartbreak right now.

Thanks for the decades of entertainment, Mr. Aniston! Fly high.

• Members

Its totally understandable. 

That's why anytime I see legends like Victor Newman or Monica Quartermaine on screen, i'm thankful because we still have those links to the Golden era of soaps with us.

I hate that soaps often put older actors who are still able and in good health out to pasture when there's so many storyline possibilities that could be explored.

Edited by ironlion