DAYS: November 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Yes. And once again, he looked absolutely gorgeous 

But I've said that before a million times 

That's what I'm afraid of. The storylines are reminding me of how ATWT was in its final years, where things happened but there was, ultimately, no effects, payoffs, no transition into the next part of the storyline, etc. 

Something happens but then everything goes back to normal. Like with Shawn/Belle, Xander/Sarah and a lot of others too. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, there is no drama or tension or payoff.  A windstorm knocked out my internet during Days yesterday and I thought I almost finished it, but I still had 27 mins left

Please register in order to view this content

As for today, I really liked the way Stephanie dresses.  Sonny was cute.  That's it.  

Also, I appreciate the Julie flashbacks, but that wasn't even SSH playing Julie lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

ON THE SERIES 57TH ANNIVERSARY, "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" HONORS ITS ORIGINAL CAST WITH FLASHBACK FEATURING ALL 6 CONTRACT ACTORS WHO APPEARED IN THE PILOT....

Please register in order to view this content

"Days" honored its original cast today by airing a flashback featuring all six contract actors who appeared in the pilot episode on November 8, 1965: Macdonald Carey (Tom), Frances Reid (Alice), John Clarke (Mickey), Marie Cheatham (Marie), Charla Doherty (Julie) and Dick Colla (Tony), along with guest actor Robert J. Stevenson (Detective).

• Members

It had to be one of the sh!test celebration. Using Julie stealing 57 years ago as reason to celebrate with a cake. Where was the current cast to celebrate?

The election story was just awful.

Any wonder this soap is off the air?

Ron Carlivati is one horrible writer.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

It's just odd.  They could show those og flashbacks as some sort of sidenote and cut OG Julie out, but Days has more veterans than any other soap.  They couldn't use actual flashbacks of those people?  Lol!  It's not like this show doesn't have a boatload of actors that have been on this show for 20 plus years or anything......

Were we just supposed to not notice it was a different Julie because SSH is old now and CD does/did look like her 55 years ago?

Edited by carolineg

• Members

The anniversary episode was like so many things on the show right now: a good idea, but a very poor execution. I still stand by the idea that Days needs new breakdown writers.

I am curious though, what year did the Horton house set lose the door that led to Tom’s office?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I agree that Days need new breakdown writers ASAP.

The Doug/Julie stuff was just randomly thrown into an otherwise basic episode with Chanel, Leo, Allie, Alex etc.  I would have set the episode up with Doug/Julie and their flashback, add John/Marlena and Kayla/Steve each reminiscing about something important to them-they could even be telling it to Belle or Stephanie/Tripp/Joey respectively, have Maggie think about Mickey (perhaps equating a struggle Mickey/Maggie had to help Sarah/Xander), and then have Abe tell Paulina an important moment from history.  Voila!  A full anniversary episode.

I don't know why 1 entire episode couldn't be devoted to honoring the show's history.  I know I could have waited an extra day to see what Sloane and Leo were doing.  It was truly the most minimal effort on Ron's part here.

• Members

Sloane is mostly a miss for me, but she didn't bother me today.  Why was the pub so dark though?  It's like half the lighting was missing and Sloane was lit fine, but Chad was in the dark and so were the other patrons lol.  Ron and Jamey clearly find Leo much more entertaining than everyone else in the world. 

And honestly, unless Chanel killed Stefano Dimera himself with her bare hands as a teen I don't get all the suspense about her "murder" victim.  I haven't read spoilers so it could be something good, but I assume it's just an abusive ex boyfriend or something. 

• Members

Exactly. That's been on my mind in recent months (years?) with this whiplash writing of one dramatic crisis after another with NO aftermath. No trauma, no reflection, no time to sit back, breath, re-assess, and really have ANY character growth. 

For Christ's sake, how many characters had their minds & bodies taken over by Satan this past year?!? 

Add to that, new characters introduced are poorly developed without any specific character traits. I mean, who IS Jada? 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

It's kind of like they said, oh Sal Stowers (Lani) is leaving, so we have to replace one black female cop with another black female cop.  How can we connect her to the canvas? Oh, what about Marcus? And they left it at that.  I *want* to love Jada because she's Marcus' daughter. But they haven't made her a unique individual, a real person yet.